VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This only happens with some movies that are in my collection. but it's still very annoying because I'd love to keep the originals in "New" condition.

I use the newest BDRebuilder along with AnyDVDHD and when I'm watching a movie it stops and goes to the menu, I'm not sure why this happens. Perhaps the full movie is having problems ripping? Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sure, some movies have interactive features (like PiP, picture-in-picture) that can be problematic for BDRB. Movie-only almost always works though.

Or maybe bad rips, but that's less likely.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. What would you suggest? Movie only back up?

I'd like to have menus intact or is that not an option?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh and thanks for replying
    Quote Quote  
  5. Movie only didn't work. Man, this sucks
    Quote Quote  
  6. On the last one that did *not* work for movie-only, try extracting the main movie with Clown_BD first. Then see if BDRB will handle that. Clown_BD is near 100% reliable if there's nothing wrong with the rip.

It might help to list some of the movies that have been problematic for you. Then if others report they did or did not have problems with those discs, maybe we can narrow down the possibilities.

[EDIT] And run inspect.exe from your BDRB folder and post the report. Also what are you using to play the movies, software player or standalone?
    Last edited by fritzi93; 19th Sep 2011 at 22:06.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I installed Clown_BD but I'm not sure how to use this, sorry...can you explain please or point me to a guide.

So far I haven't been able to back up soul surfer and unstoppable from my collection, so the kids can't watch those unless I get it for them...(Blu-rays are just way to expensive for kids)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'll assume standalone player, since you mentioned your kids watching the backups. Please do post the inspect.exe report.

I backed up Unstoppable by extracting main movie direct from disc with DVDFabPasskey running. It would work the same using AnyDVDHD.

Clown_BD is very simple, select your audio and subtitle language preferences, specify demux and remux folders for it to use and let it do the job. Have it display the DOS box if you want to see the progress. It will do an initial analysis pass and present you with a playlist of titlesets, and assume you want the longest one, which is almost always the main movie. You can change that selection if necessary. As to the audio stream on Unstoppable, I had it extract the core DTS rather than saving it as-is.

The only time I keep menus is when backing up episode discs (like Band of Brothers). On the rare occasions when I think some extras are worth watching (usually they're junk), I watch them one time on the original then put it away. How many times do you repeatedly watch that stuff, after all? The movie is the thing, and eliminating the fluff leaves more room for a good re-encode. Also, you'll find many times that main movie will fit to a BDR without a re-encode. If you downconvert the audio as well, a majority of movies will not require re-encoding.

Big blockbuster type movies tend to have more complex structures and gee-whiz interactive menu features, which makes it more difficult for BDRB to remap the structure. (Harry Potter 7 is a prime example) I don't think the primary purpose is to make it harder to back up full disc, but it does. And remember BDRB is still beta software.

Good luck.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 20th Sep 2011 at 13:39.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey thanks man, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you typing all of that.

I guess you're right about the extra features lol. the movie is what matters most. I'm gonna give what you said a try and post back later or tomorrow. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you really want the top menu, try Clown BD BD Copier. It will give you movie and top menu only, no extras, no interactive stuff.

It's crude and a little sticky, but it may give results acceptable to you. See the comments in the tools section, and this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/330273-Clown-BD_BD-Copier?p=2045999
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok, tried what you said and it failed. the loud siren sound that it made scared the shit outta me.

Here's the log

eac3to v3.24
    command line: "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX46.976\eac3to\ eac3to.exe" "F:" 1) 1: "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Chapters_1.txt" 2: "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Video_2.*" 3: "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_3_English.DTS " 4: "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_4_English.AC3 " 5: "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_5_English.AC3 " -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_L OG.LOG"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M2TS, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 7 subtitle tracks, 1:46:27, 24p /1.001
    1: Chapters, 16 chapters
    2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
    3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
    (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
    4: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz
    5: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz
    6: DTS Master Audio, French, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
    (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
    7: DTS Master Audio, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
    (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
    8: Subtitle (PGS), English
    9: Subtitle (PGS), English
    10: Subtitle (PGS), English
    11: Subtitle (PGS), English
    12: Subtitle (PGS), French
    13: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
    14: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
    Creating file "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Chapters_1.txt"...
    [a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
    [a05] Extracting audio track number 5...
    [v02] Extracting video track number 2...
    [a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
    [v02] Creating file "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Video_2.h264"...
    [a03] Creating file "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_3_English.DTS "...
    [a05] Creating file "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_5_English.AC3 "...
    [a04] Creating file "C:\Users\\Desktop\BluRay7\Audio_4_English.AC3 "...
    Reading the source file failed. <ERROR>
    Aborted at file position 7259291648. <ERROR>
    Quote Quote  
  12. That was for soul surfer. I'm going to try unstoppable now and give you time to read my progress.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Reading the source file failed. <ERROR>
    Aborted at file position 7259291648. <ERROR>

The above indicates a damaged/dirty disc. Try cleaning it.

I have some ex-Blockbuster rental discs I bought when they shut down the store near me. A few play on a standalone but cannot be ripped. Not even with Passkey/Clown_BD, and the error is the same as yours. One of them I watched closely and there's a minor hiccup partway through that seems to correspond to where ripping errors out. I haven't tried the Brasso or toothpaste polishing trick, not sure if that will work on Blu-Rays as opposed to DVDs. Considering the big deal that was made about the protective coating on Blu-Rays and how scratch-resistant they are, it's annoying.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  14. You might be right about the scratches, I looked at the disc and there are some scratches that "look" deep but didn't think that would be the problem. Ripping them with AnyDVD HD worked fine to rip it. I'll try and clean them and then retry.

Unstoppable seemed to rip fine, tsMuxer is still running atm, guess I need to wait for that to finish before burning. Would the burning process be the same as BDRB, select burn files and folders and thats it?

When I used Clone_BD I left the settings at the bottom as Blu-ray+Iso so I hope that won't matter. if unstoppable doesn't work again then wouldn't be safe to say that dvdfabpasskey is the reason you've had success and that I should probably switch from anydvd hd. anyways thank you
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    If you really want the top menu, try Clown BD BD Copier. It will give you movie and top menu only, no extras, no interactive stuff.

It's crude and a little sticky, but it may give results acceptable to you. See the comments in the tools section, and this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/330273-Clown-BD_BD-Copier?p=2045999
    forgot to reply to this, I appreciate you trying to help me get the menu but for now I'll stick with just the movie so that everyones happy being able to watch the movie atleast. (might check this out later though)
    Quote Quote  
  16. No, I'd say AnyDVDHD and DVDFabPasskey are comparable, maybe giving the edge to AnyDVD. And they're both driver-level decrypters, so you can run Clown_BD direct from disc with either decrypter running in the background. Decrypters will interfere with each other, so only one should be running at a time.

The reason going direct from disc will sometimes work when nothing else will (again, thinking of Harry Potter 7), is because it bypasses the possibility of a faulty rip. If the disc is decrypted well enough to read the main movie, Clown_BD will extract it. When I tried to do that disc from a DVDFab rip, it failed. No indication the rip was bad until I tried playing it with TME, then it also failed to extract with Clown_BD. (Don't have AnyDVD any more to test). Now, maybe if I'd waited for an update, the problem might have been eliminated, but I got the disc for my wife right when it came out. Then again, it might have just been the sheer complexity of the disc, as I suspect.

You haven't said if you've tried going direct from disc with Clown_BD.

For burning, use ImgBurn only. Put the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder at the root of the disc. ImgBurn will apply the correct UDF setting (2.50).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Well, by going directly from the disc, I assume you mean on Clone_BD>Movie location>BD drive F (unstoppable) with BD/HD-DVD box ticked. I have all of that done and didn't change nay options at the bottom, I just clicked next at the bottom and followed the rest of your instructions with language and audio.

This is a highly dumb question but the burner will not overwrite the orignal disc will it? Reason I ask is because while unstoppable finished ripping it automatically went into imgburn and started "writing image"

I stuck a blank BD-25 and it says not enough space...this maybe where you mentioned BDRB handling it after ripping with Clone_BD
    Quote Quote  
  18. You must have the option to use ImgBurn ticked in Clown_BD. Uncheck it. Select the output folder from Clown_BD in BDRB and rebuild.

No, you can't reburn a BDR.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tommy-T View Post

This is a highly dumb question but the burner will not overwrite the orignal disc will it? Reason I ask is because while unstoppable finished ripping it automatically went into imgburn and started "writing image"
    You can't overwrite write once media like BD-R, which I assume you are using. If it was already written to and that burn failed, the disc is a coaster.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks guys. unstoppable seems to be runing fine in BDRB. is there a way once it's done that I can play it on my pc to make sure it plays before actually burning it to a disc to find out it's another coaster? I've wasted like 6 already.
    Quote Quote  
  21. You can play it on your computer if it has enough grunt with a software Blu-ray player like TMT or (ugh) PowerDVD, but it's not a reliable test of navigation structure. (Fill in your computer details).

Or open the mpls file (in the PLAYLIST folder) with MPCHC, if all you want to do is play a little here and there and verify movie length.

You could use a BD-RE rewritable if your standalone will recognize such discs.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'll give those a try.

Here's my laptop specs:

HP G60
    Processor - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
    RAM 4GB
    Windows 7 64bit
    Quote Quote  
  23. No, fill your profile. It saves time, and respondents can instantly refer to it when answering a question. And I'm doubtful about your Intel onboard video chipset, although the propaganda sheet claims it will play HD.

Still waiting on the inspect.exe report.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Sorry it took so long to reply. BDRB literally just got done with unstoppable from yesterday. my pc ran very slow...it's never taken this long before.

Just seen that you asked about which type of player I use, Lg BD530 without cinavia.

and here's the inspect.exe

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: 1.11.96.14, Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.38.0.9, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

I'm going to hopefully try to burn this and see if it works, hopefully it does, sick of throwing money away.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hmm, seems that even after BDRB handled it, it's still too big for a bd-25 but in the options of BDRB, I have the target size set to BD-25. I've burned it before with menus and this one is suppose to be without menus and still too big. I'll try and figure it out but if anyone else might know what's up with this, please chime in.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hey fritzi

Just wanted to say thanks. I had to adjust some settings on my laptop because it was the reason the rips weren't working but I finally fixed it and got them to burn main movie using your suggestions. Thanks again buddy
    Quote Quote