VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in a little dilemma right now and would like some advice from people that are in the know. I would like to know of the best software for this. After football games the next day we exchange dvds. We exchange two copies. I want to take and compile both copies onto one DVD instead of just copying one to one. I would like to copy one to two. What do you suggest?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    I want to take and compile both copies onto one DVD instead of just copying one to one. I would like to copy one to two.
    A bit confusing since you first say you want two DVDs on one disc, and then end up saying you want to copy one DVD to two discs. I'm assuming your first concern in the 2-to-1 compilation.

You're not clear on whether you need back-and-forth editing between the two sources, interwoven into a single presentation, or if you want the recordings to remain separate and just run one after the other on the DVD.

If you're just wanting to copy 2-to-1 as they are (that is, unedited), you can easily do that with the Re-author feature of DVD Shrink. (It won't shrink the video size down unless the combined materials exceed disc size).

And as hech54 says, use Imgburn to burn your copies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guessing you want to compress the two videos onto one DVD? If so, you need to re-encode them, then re-author them to DVD compatible format if they are for set top DVD playback. If they are Divx set top player format, just re-encode and combine.

Basically you would re-encode at half the original bitrate to get half the size. (And usually, half the quality. )

What format are they?

Lots of ways to do both.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    I want to take and compile both copies onto one DVD instead of just copying one to one. I would like to copy one to two.
    A bit confusing since you first say you want two DVDs on one disc, and then end up saying you want to copy one DVD to two discs. I'm assuming your first concern in the 2-to-1 compilation.

You're not clear on whether you need back-and-forth editing between the two sources, interwoven into a single presentation, or if you want the recordings to remain separate and just run one after the other on the DVD.

If you're just wanting to copy 2-to-1 as they are (that is, unedited), you can easily do that with the Re-author feature of DVD Shrink. (It won't shrink the video size down unless the combined materials exceed disc size).

And as hech54 says, use Imgburn to burn your copies.
    That is because I went to bed at 5 after video work last night and woke up at 8. I meant 2 to 1. None of the discs we get exceed 2GB usually so 2 will always fit without shrinking. I just have to compile them together. No editing of any sort is needed. I want one to run right after another.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I guessing you want to compress the two videos onto one DVD? If so, you need to re-encode them, then re-author them to DVD compatible format if they are for set top DVD playback. If they are Divx set top player format, just re-encode and combine.

Basically you would re-encode at half the original bitrate to get half the size. (And usually, half the quality. )

What format are they?

Lots of ways to do both.
    These discs are what you would call home made. We get them from coaches so no re-encoding should be necessary. If there is one disc I just like to copy from disc to disc but when there are two and none of them exceed 2GB I like to put them on one disc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, there are several ways to do this, but I think for speed and simplicity sake, I'll reiterated the suggestion for DVD Shrink in the Re-author mode. (You'll first need to copy the DVDs to your hard drive). I have linked to a helpful tutorial, although you can skip a lot of fine-tuning steps, considering you won't likely need to actually do any shrinking or deal with things like multiple titlesets and language tracks.

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/46/59/
    Quote Quote