VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a recurring problem on my HTPC running Ubuntu 10.10. Whenever playing any sort of video on pieces where there's a lot of action or camera panning the video looks like it's lagging. Parts of the frame/picture get redrawn in blocks and so it looks a little choppy. This problem occurs on both SD and HD content.

The machine is hooked up to a TV via HDMI. I'm running on up to date drivers of 260.190.06 and the screen is configured to LG 32LG300 1360x768 @ 59.80Hz.

Any one have any ideas why the video looks like it's having problems refreshing quickly enough?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    an intel atom probably can't keep up. it would be better to use it as a fileserver and get something like a blu-ray player or a media box to play the video to the tv.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know what you mean but I don't think that it's the intel Atom that's the problem as the CPU handles all the HD video decoding. When you check the information on the frame rate in XBMC or VLC / Movie Player the CPU cores are running between about 7-20% each.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what are the specs of the htpc then? cpu video card memory?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote