VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!!

I just need a small part of an AVI video, but I don't know how to cut a selection from the original AVI file
    Maybe someone could help me?

Many thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod can also do this, but in my opinion it's not very intuitive. There are guides on the internet that tell you how to do it and it's not difficult, but I never would have known how to do it without a guide.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    May thanks, but the thing is: I already have got avidemux, but I don't know why, there is nos sound when I open the AVI file to cut... Not easy to do the right selection without sound...
    And for the other programs, I'm working on Mac...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You would need to find out what format the audio is in. I'm guessing it might be one AVIDemux doesn't recognize. You should also be aware that highly compressed AVI formats can only be cut on keyframes (I frames) if you want to avoid video and sync problems. But keyframes can be widely spaced on some of those formats, so frame accurate cuts are difficult.

For cutting instructions with AVIDemux see this: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:cutting

I should also mention that 'AVI' is just a generic container name. Many, many, formats can be called AVI.
    Quote Quote