VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Script Error: Invalid arguments to Function "DoubleFPS".

Line 14
    Quote Quote  
  2. Beware this message board inserts bizarre spaces, so be careful if you're copying & pasting scripts

For example, go look at your post #22 , there is a huge gap where there shouldn't be on line 14. Make sure your actual script doesn't have that space. Another example, "Hullabal oo" has a space inserted

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/339017-Motion-Interpolation-%28VidFIRE%29-Software?...=1#post2154058
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Beware this message board inserts bizarre spaces, so be careful if you're copying & pasting scripts
    For example, go look at your post #22 , there is a huge gap where there shouldn't be on line 14. Make sure your actual script doesn't have that space. Another example, "Hullabal oo" has a space inserted
    That's only on the display - the underlying text is actually OK.

Originally Posted by goodiesguy View Post
    Script Error: Invalid arguments to Function "DoubleFPS".
    That's because you have wrongly added a '60' to jagabo's original script.
    DoubleFPS(60)
    The last part of the script should be
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Hullabaloo_Dec 6, 1965.avi") 
    DoubleFPS()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    Actually, it would be better to use AviSource than DirectShowSource, which is not always frame-accurate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    function DoubleFPS(clip source)
    {
    super = MSuper(source, pel=2, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
    backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
    forward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
    backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
    forward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1, blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
    backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
    forward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2, blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
    MBlockFps(source, super, backward_3, forward_3, num=2*FramerateNumerator(source), den=FramerateDenominator(source),
    mode=0)
    }

DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Hullabal oo_Dec 6, 1965.avi")
    DoubleFPS()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    This is my script now. It is now saying there is no MSuper and errors on line 3 and 14.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my script now. It is now saying there is no MSuper and errors on line 3 and 14.
    MSuper is part of MVTools.
    As already said by others, you need to copy mvtools2.dll into the Avisynth plugins folder.

Incidentally, the first line number (3) is the one where the error really is.
    If an error occurs inside a function, Avisynth also provides a traceback showing where that function was called from - here DoubleFPS called on line 14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. sorry to dig up this old thread...but i am also interested in getting this script to open in virtualdub..

this is script i'm using..

function DoubleFPS("clip source")
    {
    super = MSuper(source, pel=2, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
    backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
    forward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
    backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
    forward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1, blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
    backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
    forward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2, blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
    MBlockFps(source, super, backward_3, forward_3, num=2*FramerateNumerator(source), den=FramerateDenominator(source),
    mode=0)
    }

DirectShowSource("C:\Users\demo\Desktop\ed.avi")
    DoubleFPS()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

this is error message....any help appreciated
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avi.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	36014  

Quote Quote  
  7. "mode=0)" on line 10 should be at the end of the previous line. And remove the quotes around "clip source" on the first line.
    Quote Quote  
  8. scrap last message...my error
    Image Attached Images  
    Last edited by pauljames2; 5th Mar 2016 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Did you make the change I suggested for the first line? What does it read now?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did you make the change I suggested for the first line? What does it read now?

i did....it now loads the video.....but thats about it tbh, i exported to an avi file but that looks the same & is 25 fps .not 50
    probably doing something wrong my side.......not on my pc as i type this.......
    Quote Quote  
  11. You script changes from 25p to 25i. Both are 25 frames per second. But the latter has interlaced frames. If you want 50p remove the last three lines.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You script changes from 25p to 25i. Both are 25 frames per second. But the latter has interlaced frames. If you want 50p remove the last three lines.

thanks....
    Quote Quote