Hello all,

Newbie here, with a question, hoping one of the experts out there can assist with. I have been just getting into some editing, I have a couple videos, just short ones I have downloaded for my grandson, I have been using VLC mostly for playback of videos on the computer for him. He likes to sit on grandpas knee and watch them.

Well recently I tried hitting the << arrows to mess with the playback speed. I hit it once on a couple of the videos, and they area actually pretty cool just slowed down a little bit. The speed indicator on the lower right of the player says it was reduced to 67% of the normal speed.

When I try to use the record feature on VLC the audio is all chopped up, and using movie maker, no sound at all, I have been trying to tinker with some other programs too. I understand that once you reduce the playback, it throws the audio out of sync and such.

Is there a program out there that will allow me to reduce the playback, and keep the audio and video in sync?

Will like virtualdub work or something like that?

I can pretty much make the video to any format I wish, so if there is a better format to work with I can do that too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank all.