VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. muffinman123
    I mentioned specifically freeware because commercial ware are usually resource needy and I am on a intel atom dual-core computer and it can't do the high end softwares. freeware usually cover the low end guys like me better than commercial ware.

not really making music videos but rather combo videos, but the concept is the same. I just need a way to put clips together and add in some music and some basic effects

basically I just need the following
    - insert text frames in between clips.
    - zooming on video sections
    - playing multiple downscaled clips at the same time, like 2 columns and 2 rows of videos playing at the same time

I know windows movie maker can do at least half the things I want to do but even though my videos aren't in great quality, wmv is garbage and I am not wasting my processing power to convert all my clips to wmv before I edit them.

I used to use flash before this and loved it, but I don't have it on this computer at this moment and I want to try some freeware out there. What would you recommend?

so far I have VLMC and Lightworks free version in my storage and will try either one soon, but if there are better choices out there let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was going to suggest Lightworks, but see you already have it. Try it out. It looks pretty promising
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WMV is hardly "garbage". It's much better than "Flash". Flash is VP6, and that's pretty lousy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also install a second HDD or run up a virtual machine (virtualbox) with a flavour of Linux in it and look at KdenLive or Cinelerra.

You haven't posted your spec sin your profile, so I don't know what you currently run, but Movie Maker Live handles more than WMV as input.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. muffinman123
    tried lightworks, for UI is confusing, and I need to transcode my videos which I have no idea how to do it quickly.
    tried vlmc, it doesn't have text support, too bad... it actually supported my video format.
    Quote Quote