VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi...I would be very grateful knowing if I am doing this right...I have a mp4 of a music concert and I want to make a DVD of it....First I converted it to a DVD Std: Compliant VOB using Super (25fps_9456kbps_Audio 384kbps 720x576 and 16.9 ) but when I played it I thought the aspect looked wrong So then I loaded it into Virtual dub and cropped the width ...resized it to 720x576 and saved it as an avi (I have plenty of hard drive space)...I then used Super to convert the avi back to a DVD Std: Compliant VOB ....The resultant VOB looks alright but I still wonder if I have the Aspect right although one presumes this can be corrected in a DVD player or on a computer as I am doing using GOM Player and Stretched Full Screen..However I would appreciate any comments from any expert..Thanks MK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it with one program ConvertXtoDVD and it will burn a disc if you want. You can adjust the aspect ratio if necessary but ConvertXtoDVD hardly ever gets it wrong. You can crop, add subtitles, a good selection of menu's or no menu etc. Also has a selection of encoders if you want to play around with these but the defaults are fine.

What you have done so far apart from the time involved has degraded the original file quality. Depending on the speed of your computer the who;e process should take less than 1 hour
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ditch SUPER. AVStoDVD does a very good job and is free. Not quite as fast as ConvertXtoDVD, but arguably better quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote