VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I tried TMPGEnc authoring works but it wants to reencode the movies plus the flies added up to more than 25GBs.
    The files are already encoded in h.264 I just want to put two hidef and one standard def movies onto one blu ray with chapters. I encoded with Handbrake @23.970 fps auto crop and ac3 audio.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Onceler2; 13th Sep 2011 at 07:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just because the videos are already encoded using h.264 does NOT mean they're already Blu-Ray compliant.

You might post a MediaInfo list of the videos' properties here, if you're in doubt. But they'll still probably have to be re-encoded and authored correctly.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Assuming that they are Blu-ray compliant how would I go about doing this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try multiavchd or tsmuxer. They can output a blu-ray folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Onceler2 View Post
    I tried TMPGEnc authoring works but it wants to reencode the movies plus the flies added up to more than 25GBs.
    The files are already encoded in h.264 I just want to put two hidef and one standard def movies onto one blu ray with chapters. I encoded with Handbrake @23.970 fps auto crop and ac3 audio.
    Thanks
    If these are files you downloaded from the net chances are they will not be blu-ray compliant so most authoring tools will need to re-encode the files to be within spec.

1. Use multiavchd to create BD-R but if the files are not Blu-ray compliant the disk will not work in a lot of players.
    2. Use multiavchd to create AVCHD not all players support AVCHD.
    3. Use multiavchd to to transcode the files to be compliant, then author disk.( This has the best chance of working.)
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    How do I get multiavchd not to reencode or transcode my files?
    Also TSmuxer only can output one movie per disc according to the times I've used it, is there a way to make it output multiple movies to one disc?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    tmpg does not support blu-ray authoring with h264 or vc-1 files, only mpeg-2; it's re-encoding them into blu-ray complaint mpeg-2.

you need to use different software.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Onceler2 View Post
    How do I get multiavchd not to reencode or transcode my files?
    Stop asking questions and start answering a few. As already suggested, post a MediaInfo file on it. If they're not Blu-Ray compliant, they won't play in many Blu-Ray players. Much of the downloaded stuff has had the black bars removed and there goes your Blu-Ray compliancy. If they're the wrong resolution, they have to be reencoded.
    Quote Quote  
  9. In the 1st post he mentioned using handbrake and autocrop, so it's not compliant ...

= re-encode
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deadrats View Post
    tmpg does not support blu-ray authoring with h264 or vc-1 files, only mpeg-2; it's re-encoding them into blu-ray complaint mpeg-2.

you need to use different software.
    Your right.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    OKay I reencoded eveything which would be better to reencode or to tanscode?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Onceler2 View Post
    OKay I reencoded eveything which would be better to reencode or to tanscode?
    they both mean the same thing, the only time you are actually encoding anything is when you have the original digital footage, either straight from a digital camera or from a digitized version of film and then encode it to whatever format, be it a lossless or lossy compression scheme, once that has occurred any other conversion is by definition re-encoding/transcoding.
    Quote Quote  
  13. People use them interchangably these days, but technically "trancoding" refers to requantizing DCT coefficients. This is a very fast process compared to re-encoding. Re-encoding involves making new decisions, motion estimation calculations, etc... If anyone remembers DVD Shrink - it transcoded MPEG2 data, not re-encode, hence the speed was incredible (but quality not as good)

But anyways, if you want to put this stuff on blu-ray , 1st take your original source files and use a bitrate calculator (otherwise you may go over capacity) , then re-encode using blu-ray compatible settings (don' t crop)

The easiest way dragonkeeper suggested above already: multiavchd . It will calculate the bitrate , fit to disc, and author
    Quote Quote