VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have an LG DVS450H upscaled dvd player. It works perfectly well when playing dvds. However on one dvd it has a slight pause/skip sometimes between scenes or during a scene. It doesn't skip/jump forward seconds, the numbers on the timer act normally. The rest of my dvds play fine with no problems at all. So it can't be a fault with the player. I've even changed the dvd for another copy. So is it just the way the player reads that particular disc? Phil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried playing the disc in another set top player or a pc player? Does it pause/skip there, too?
    Quote Quote  
  3. On a portable with a built in dvd but not all the way through. I fast forwarded to the scenes and it didn't do it. I'll have to play it all the way through and see. What could it be if it does/doesn't on a different player? Phil
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a commercial DVD (ie. you can buy it in a store) or did someone burn it for you? If it's the latter, what brand is the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Its purchased from a shop, asda to be precise!

Just to add, its part of a boxset. The other discs are fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by philipb82 View Post
    Its purchased from a shop, asda to be precise!

Just to add, its part of a boxset. The other discs are fine.
    We can rule out bad consumer media then.
    1) Do you see any scratches on the disc with problems? It can be hard to see, but try to do a careful examination under light.
    2) It could be an issue just with your player. It happens.
    3) The disc could be badly authored. That happens too. Let us know the title and the region code as someone may know if there are issues with it. The region code should be on the box and will be a number like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. If I remember correctly ASDA is a British shop. If so that would probably make your DVDs region 2.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'll have to examine the disc properly for scratches. The title is Bottom live 3: Hooligans island and is region 2. I reckon there could be a problem with that disc. Its not a major problem for me but i just wondered what it could be. Weird! Phil
    Quote Quote