VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Well, setting PAR is not near as easy as with FFMPEG and Mencoder... but I really like the results of HandBrakeCLI.exe

Could someone post examples of setting the PAR to 16:9 and 4:3 (NTSC if that matters).

A brief explination of how it is set, and how the numbers are calculated would be helplful.

Ive gone through the docs and google to no avail, several switches have been tried but I cant seam to get what I want.

Original media is 720X480 (D1), outputting to the same...

Thanks much,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind... Was trying to set aspect in MP4 file, which is not possible (Had been tooooo used to working with AVI!). With VLC or Zoom, the aspect is already detected and displayed properly, same with set top BD player.

Andrew
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just FYI, 720x480 NTSC DVD has only two DARs: 16:9 and 4:3. That equates to 32:27 and 8:9 PAR. Or, if you want to assume ITU aspect ratios (often used for analog video tape sources), 40:33 and 10:11 PAR. If you crop black borders away from the edges of the frame the PAR doesn't change. So it's easy to specify the PAR, you only need to know if the source DVD was 16:9 or 4:3.
    Quote Quote