VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I am trying to rip my old copy of Riding Giants as it is getting beat up. I have tried Mac the Ripper, Mac DVD Ripper Pro and DVD Fab HD Decrypt (older version 3.X.X). All these programs seem to do the same thing although I am trying to just get the movie not the extras. When they are set for movie
    only it extracts the extras. The VTS files seem to be mixed up and audio out of sync. MTR suggested it was protected by Rip Guard. How does one go about finding the movie? I have set all the programs to extract the movie only however none seem to do that. I did try one burn in the beginning in which I thought I got the movie with MTR, but half way thru watching it, the DVD just stopped. Is there an article or instructions you suggest that will instruct me on the process.

Thank you for any suggestions you may offer.

WOTS
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try latest dvdfab? Or for mac can you try ripit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I have now tried the latest version of Defab and it continues to rip the extras (making of the movie) instead of the main movie. Interestingly enough the movie is 1:41:00 in length and that is the file checked by Defab, but it is not the movie. It is as if the titles are not labeled correctly, but all the other titles are of insufficient length to be the actual main movie. I suspect this is the Rip Guard protection. How do you get around this?

Will try ripit for the mac next, but I suspect I will get the same thing.

I am new at this, thank you for patience and help.

WOTS
    Quote Quote