VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ..I have a NTSC DVD and I want to send a copy to a friend but he would like it in PAL:....can anybody recommend
    a program to do this ....Many Thanks HK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chance are your friend can actually play the NTSC version.

If I had to do this type of job I would start by looking at the source material. If it is true interlaced 29.970 fps NTSC I wouldn't bother. If it is progressive 23.976fps NTSC then I would use VOB2MPG to get the contents out to sperate files, then put them through AVS2DVD to do the conversion, then author using my favourite authoring tool.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi..Thanks for your reply ...You are quite right ...No doubt he would have no trouble playing a copy of the NTSC version... but I thought I would get smart and try and do a DVD with not only the original music DVD but some extra clips I have by the same artist..Heres what I have done so far since my posting..I Ripped the DVD with DVD Decrypter...and am now re-encoding the VOB files to PAL (720x576 25fps ) using "Super"...Then what I do next is unknown???..I wonder if I can join all the VOB files and drop them into an Authoring Tool..and perhaps add chapters menu etc .Its basicly hit and miss with me .. I am using this as a learning experience..Yesterday the VOB files I encoded that I converted were terrible and now I know why ...Instead of ripping the DVD I started playing around with the VOB's that I copied from the DVD Video_TS folder...I presume this makes me pretty dumb ..I never even checked the VOB's by playing them!!! I have checked the ripped files with Gspot and they are 29.970 fps...
    Anyway thankyou very much for your reponse ..its very much appreciated..MK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't use SUPER. AVS2DVD will do a far better job of converting your files. You can set the output to be MPG files, or elementary streams ready for authoring, or an authored DVD structure.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote