VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Forum,

I have an issue with time scrubbing in the movies I back up to my HDD.

I am currently using DVDFAB to back them up, but when I rip a DVDs using DVD Copy (which is preferred as is doesn't take as long) and combine the multiple .vob files together with Simple File Joiner (a program to simply put multiple files into one .mpg) I don't get a correct time scrub bar, or sometimes none at all.

can someone tell me why, and/or how to fix this problem?
    Thank you,

String
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stringcheesy View Post
    combine the multiple .vob files together with Simple File Joiner (a program to simply put multiple files into one .mpg)
    VOB2MPEG ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried VOB2MPEG in the past, and come out with the same results. Also, this program doesn't seem to work to well with Win7.
    Thank you,

String
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have never had an issues with VOB2MPG under Windows 7, and I haven't had any issues with it producing files with corrupt indexes, which appears to be your problem.

I would suggest demuxing the VOBs to get seperate video and audio streams, then running restream over the video to see if it fixes the playback. You can then remux them into a single file.

From your post I am unclear - are you saying that you don't have this problem if you use DVDFab, only if you DVD Copy ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, that was a bit confusing (So many names for so many things )

The "DVD Copy" I was referring to is an option in DVDFab. The option takes the .vob files and puts them in a file location you designate (or copies them directly to a DVD+- R/RW).

As for VOB2MPG, can you use it to combine VOB files that have been ripped using DVDFab, or should you use another decrptor and let VOB2MPG do the ripping work as well?
    Thank you,

String
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stringcheesy View Post
    As for VOB2MPG, can you use it to combine VOB files that have been ripped using DVDFab, or should you use another decrptor and let VOB2MPG do the ripping work as well?
    Yes. VOB2MPEG is not a decrypter. It will not work straight from a store-bought, Hollywood DVD.

DVDs can be a disc or a folder on your hard drive, encrypted DVDs are not supported
    http://www.svcd2dvd.com/VOB2MPG/default.aspx
    Quote Quote