VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand that I have to match the project settings to the media settings? I know where that icon is in project properties. Click it, open my video, but after that, no clue how to get to where I need to be to center the video. Trying to receive help from one guy who's nice enough to at least try and help, but I still can't get it. Just trying to find any other suggestions. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Someone out there has had to have had an experience where the resolution of your media is not correct and it looks to be a little off center. Example, the weapon reticle is not in the center of my media preview screen, its down toward the bottom right. Why is my recorded gameplay doing this when I open it in Sony Vegas 10? CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'VE TRIED SOOOO MANY THINGS TO TRY AND GET THE VIDEO CENTERED AND IT JUST WON'T CENTER!! IT'S MAYBE THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED ON A PC PROGRAM! I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP, INPUT, ADVICE, FIXES! Thank you so much for reading this and for your time and effort. I really do appreciate it! I hope there's someone out there that has experienced this and can help me out!!! The attached screenshot is how the video appears off center, it plays that way throughout the entire video!!! I need to get it in the center of the screen not offset to the bottom and right!
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how about the specs for the video. use mediainfo in text mode and copy/paste here. a smple uploaded somwhere would also be helpful.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just un & reinstalled it. Haven't gotten a chance to try yet. I'll try to attach a video, last time I tried, it took FOREVER, so I closed it out. Thanks! I've noticed that in the preview box the Resolution is 720x480 but Projection shows something different. Shouldn't they both be the same? The video I'm trying to upload, is 1:30 long, which I didn't think would take long, but it is. Also, the resol. & proj, in the preview were both 720x480 this time, but after I rendered it it still looked the same as all the others in windows media player, off centered, idk. Did the properties, match media, import file, everything you said to try if it uploads we'll see if it actually centered correctly. I'm gonna let it continue to try & upload the file, but its taking FOREVER for just one min 30sec video. You can see how offset they are on my YouTube channel. My username is QuickestTrigger. If you login to it and search that you should be able to find my channel. I think I have 7 videos uploaded CODBO was the 1st one I did, it worked fine. One of the Dead Island uploads centered correctly, but all of the others should appear as they do in Vegas after rendering them. Thank you again!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is when I right click the video & what it shows under General tab.

General
    Name: Dead Island - Walkthrough - Part 3 [Prologue-Act 1].MP4
    Folder: C:\Users\D-Bo\Videos
    Type: QuickTime
    Size: 1.01 GB (1,033,652,473 bytes)
    Created: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 4:43:34 PM
    Modified: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 5:00:50 PM
    Accessed: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 4:43:34 PM
    Attributes: Archive
    Streams
    Video: 00:17:03.149, 60.006 fps progressive, 720x480x24, H.264
    Audio: 00:17:01.844, 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, AAC
    ACID information
    ACID chunk: no
    Stretch chunk: no
    Stretch list: no
    Stretch info2: no
    Beat markers: no
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you showed me the screenshot of the project properties with the arrow pointing at media match, I'm not skilled enough to do that I'm sorry or I would just save/copy, whatever, that & paste/upload here. Like I said, I'm a newbie at most of this editing/photoshop skills, I'm sorry man. it's still saying uploading that clip, been 15min! I've tried closing, reopening browse, doing it all over twice. Idk, how to get it to upload my clip it's just taking forever!!! I've got a brand new XPS 17 3D w/ dual core i7, it shouldn't take that long. It's a machine! Not sure what the problem is. Best way would probably be YouTube, idk if you mess around w/ that or not. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your signature probably applies to me when it comes to using editing software!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It said the file was too large to process. I can try like a 15-30sec of Xbox marketplace & see if that works. I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In preview this time Project: 720x480x32, 60.006p Preview 360x240x32, 60.006p Display 578x424x32 I don't know if that even matters but I would think it should be the same, idk. Here's a very short video clip. See if it will attach.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only, once, and I recorded & did everything exactly the same with HD PVR & Vegas, did a video turn out normally centered. Idk, why it did, but most appear as the one I've shown. I have, obviously, no idea how to get to to center normally.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I take it back, that clip looks fine. Why does it apper so offset in the preview window of Vegas, then turn out normal? Some turn out normal and some don't. I'm BAFFLED MAN! I'd still appreciate any advice, I've got a good feeling it won't work correctly for long.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually name the project, after it's rendered, "...... Rendered." When I click upload, since I'm new to editing & uploading to YouTube, there are usually 2 videos from the project I'd just edited & rendered. One is a "Video Clip" & the other is a "mp4". I assume you choose to upload the mp4 to YouTube? Is that the correct way to upload videos? Could someone please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it, Thank you very much!
    Damon

Also, to enter text, do you drag the video in the timeline just short of the very left to leave space to create that? Like if I wanted to Create a title for the video before the actual gameplay starts? I know you have to also click something to smoothly transition that into the gameplay, but I'm not sure on that either. Thank you all for your help, you really don't know how much I greatly appreciate it!!!!
    Quote Quote