VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    Recently I muxed an 23.976fps video to audio that came from a 25fps video - to get the best quality.
    Problem is, after converting the video to 25fps(with mkvmerge) to match the audio, and matching up a time difference, they're still out of sync - I can match them at the start, but the audio gets more and more out of sync.
    I have no way to quantify this, so can't see how I can stretch it via mkvmerge as it requires numerical values of course.

Does anyone know of an simple and easy to use application that uses a visual sync system such as the dual-screen visual sync system that Subtitle Edit uses?
    The audio is ac3 5.1, if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Simon
    Last edited by cinesimon; 5th Sep 2011 at 20:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More out of sync is correct ... then don't change the video's fps.

Use audacity > effect > change speed ... - values stretches ... you only need to calculate the % difference between video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd use Audacity:
    Load both audio tracks.
    Use the "change tempo" effect to stretch/compress the new audio so it matches the original.

Delete the original track, save the new one as AC3, MP3 or whatever and mux it in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by cinesimon View Post
    I can match them at the start, but the audio gets more and more out of sync.
    I have no way to quantify this
    Sure you do. Determine how far out of sync the two are near the end of the video and calculate a ratio. For example, if the video is 3600 seconds long and the audio is 15 seconds ahead of the video near the end, then you have make the audio 3600 / (3600-15) longer -- 1.004184.
    Quote Quote