VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi guyz.
    There is something I am trying to figure out for long time. I have a movie in AVI format and subtitles in SRT. I wanna show movie to kids but there are some scenes I want to cut out of movie. All I want that when I trim the video, subtitles also get trimmed and get synced with the video. Is there any way or software or something.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you can delete the offending lines from the .srt file without it affecting the sync.
    You can create a blank bmp logo the same resolution as the video and use VirtualDub and the Donald Graft Logo Filter 1.7 to cover the frames that offend.
    You either insert the filter multiple times with the start frame and the duration (number of frames to cover with the logo) or use the 'Blend' feature to select the start and end frames for each section you want to hide.
    It can probably be done using AviSynth, but it would be easier in VirtualDub as you can see the results immediately.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is only a suggestion, as there are much more knowledgeable people on here but i would embed (hard code) the subtitles into the avi and then make my cuts. That way you will avoid the high probability of sync issues. Try avidemux. Again, this is just my opinion.
    Quote Quote