VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone can help me how can I pull out an embeded subtitle from *.mkv file? Is there any software or mechanism for that purpose?
    Actually, the problem showed up when I tried to play *.mkv file with my mutimedia player (the device that has a hard drive and able to connect directly to my LCD TV and home theater set), but the embeded subtile to *.mkv file didn't show up. That's why I try to pull out the subtitle and make it as *.srt. Put the same name between *.mkv and *.srt, and I'm sure my multimedia player will be able to show the subtitle (*.srt). That's the whole idea and purpose.

Thank you...
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are a lot of websites with free subtitles, subscene.com is my fav, you could just get them from there & edit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Baldrick :
    Thank you very much. It works. I get *.sub and *.idx files. Can have the output as *.srt file? Can I convert *.sub and *.idx to *.srt ?

@handyguy :
    I already search to those subtitle websites. None of them work properly. I have to inform you that my *.mkv file is Hindi Movie. So it's not that easy to have a proper subtitle for my *.mkv. Thanks anyway for your info
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, you must manually convert the sub/idx to text with an ocr subtitle tool like subtitle edit.
    Quote Quote