VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that is lots of freeware tools for coversion from 3gp to mp4 format. I need a ,free, fast and LOSSLESS tools to do that. PLs recommend.. thanks ....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try a mp4 multiplexer like mp4box or gui for it like mymp4boxgui, yamb.

Or use avidemux, open 3gpp, under audio and video choose copy, save as mp4. If it fails try use a lossless video codec under the video and wav audio under audio in avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THanks BAldrick. I tried mymp4boxgui, very fast, however i have lot of 3gp video. and mymp4boxgui, need to demux 1 by 1 and then remux again. Very slow and time consuming. Is there a tools that do a mass demux and remux and LOSSLESS?

will try the rest you have recommended. thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have demux 1 by 1? Can't you load the 3gpp directly under the mux tab?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by c1steady View Post
    I tried mymp4boxgui, very fast, however i have lot of 3gp video. and mymp4boxgui, need to demux 1 by 1 and then remux again. Very slow and time consuming.
    Mymp4boxgui uses mp4box, a command line utility, to perform the conversion. It's easy to write a batch file to convert all the files in a folder using mp4box: Create this batch file in a folder with a bunch of 3GP files:

for %%a in ("*.3gp") do "Path\To\MP4Box.exe" -add "%%a#1:fps=29.97" -add "%%a#2" -new "%%a.mp4"
    Set "path\to\MP4Box.exe" to match the location of MP4Box.exe. You may also have to change the frame rate value to match your sources. Double click on the BAT file and all the videos will be converted to MP4. The original files will remain.
    Quote Quote