VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dudes, am a newbie here. Am just used to rip DVDs using MeGUI for a short period of time. Am able to add logo using Overlay plug in and using the basic Tweak function to enhance the quality of the video too.

But when i tried sharpen filters like Sharpen, Msharpen, Xsharpen i get pixels while playing. Its really annoying to see a the plugin does its duty but crap the output. Am really fed up with this.

Sample 1

************************************************** ******************************
    Sample 2

These are from a same movie but different rips. Look at the second image, can any body help me understand how to use such sharpen filters with Megui & Avisybth???

Am desperate to rip anything trying this for many times already. Hope to have a helping hand here. Thanx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure what your two images are showing. The first image is already sharp enough. The second is over sharpened. Are you complaining that the second image is what you got when you sharpened the first image? Or are you saying the second is what you want from the first? Or the first image is what happens when you add the logo to the second image?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I'm not sure what your two images are showing. The first image is already sharp enough. The second is over sharpened. Are you complaining that the second image is what you got when you sharpened the first image? Or are you saying the second is what you want from the first? Or the first image is what happens when you add the logo to the second image?
    Sorry if my ? was quite confusing. First of all thanx for ur reply.

Here is my qn.

Am not satisfied with the 1st image. And of course i knew the second one is over sharpened. But i want a moderate sharpened one, i mean which is in between these 2.

The first one is my rip and its fairly sharpened, i knw. But i tried to reach the second image on my own. But cudn't. Do u have any guess about the sharpen filter used for the second image and how shud it be used. Am not tht familiar with the technical terms in synatx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jeticson View Post
    Dudes, am a newbie here. Am just used to rip DVDs using MeGUI for a short period of time.
    You also need to get your terminology straight. MeGUI is not a "ripper".....it's an encoder or re-encoder. "Ripping" a DVD means you place a DVD into a computer DVD drive and place an exact copy of it(without re-encoding) onto your computer hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Dudes, am a newbie here. Am just used to rip DVDs using MeGUI for a short period of time.
    You also need to get your terminology straight. MeGUI is not a "ripper".....it's an encoder or re-encoder. "Ripping" a DVD means you place a DVD into a computer DVD drive and place an exact copy of it(without re-encoding) onto your computer hard drive.

Huh! I shud be technically more wise to deal in these things, i guess. Sorry, i use DVD Decrypter to copy. U said it. I really mean Encoding. Thanx for correcting me. :hug:

So have i posted in a wrong section?
    Last edited by jeticson; 27th Aug 2011 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jeticson View Post
    Am not satisfied with the 1st image. And of course i knew the second one is over sharpened. But i want a moderate sharpened one, i mean which is in between these 2.
    So you're using Sharpen in an AviSynth script? You know it accepts real values, not just integers. So you can use Sharpen(0.5) or some such. You also sharpen differently on the X and Y axis. For example Sharpen(0, 0.5) sharpens only on the Y axis.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    So you're using Sharpen in an AviSynth script? You know it accepts real values, not just integers. So you can use Sharpen(0.5) or some such. You also sharpen differently on the X and Y axis. For example Sharpen(0, 0.5) sharpens only on the Y axis.
    Yeah. Am using Avisynth script with MeGUI.

Sharpen doesn't give me much better results. But hope Msharpen or Xsharpen can do smthng better.

Any help on that?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I haven't used XSharpen. MSharpen attempts to sharpen edges but not enhance noise. Sharpen will sharpen edges and enhance noise.

Sharpen() 0.33, 0.66, 1.0:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharpen.jpg
Views:	1257
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	8373

MSharpen() strengh=50, 100, 255:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MSharpen.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	8374
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes. This gives me a better understanding. Better to sharpen instead of Msharpen, i think. Thanx a lot for the support dear.

But still i expect somebody to help me on Xsharpen aspect too.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Why don't you just read the description of the filter and experiment for yourself?
    http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/externalfilters/xsharpen.htm
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thts a good ?. I referred to this tutorial. BUt unfortunately was quite confused by the time. Anyways, thanx for ur help. This is the time for me to try myself. Thanx for the support. :hug:
    Quote Quote