VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello I bought Blu-ray recorder to burn on Blu-Ray my AVCHD files MTS from a Sony HD camcoder.
    I used to see them with VLC where I found as subtitle the time and date information on screen.

Sony software PMB allow me to do author a Blu-Ray that but it has very few possibility on menu side, like changing name in thumbnails or background and the subtitle with date and time are not rendered into Blu-ray disc.

I tried multiAVCHD but I got only black icon menus, I tried BDEdit trying to edit the sony generated menu but also the menu tab does not load current sony menu, I've got lost.

Summarizing I wish to put my AVCHD files on Blu-ray with some menu and date and time as subtitlte

Do you have any suggestion about what software to use and how to do it?
    Thanks in Advance
    Edoedo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Tmpgenc Authoring works 4.1. It does a good job for me and easy to use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tmpgenc Authoring Works is easy to use with fancy menu but it re-encodes everything to MPEG-2. It takes long time to re-encode high definition content from H264 to MPEG-2.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks, but why I need to re-encode the file are HD and the date an time are embedded?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Every other thread goes around one problem in this section , BD standard, which interestingly is being broken and updated, therefore it ceases to be a standard. But of course changes are not aimed towards peoples needs, just to help movie industry.

Use media players http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php and use mkv container. Created for actual people and their needs. You can mux video, audios, subtitles into MKV. And other thing , you don't need menu while using those devices, because ther interfaces are basically menus. You must try this to understand. If you insist to add on chapters inside your movies you can add those to MKV file as well . You don't need to bother with BD.
    Last edited by _Al_; 27th Aug 2011 at 19:25.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I am in the same boat.... However I will NOT recommend Sony's Vegas or DVD Architect. They will create a beautiful video clip and Blu-ray with menus and then burn them to a Blu-ray disc. Sounds good right? These discs will play on some Blu-ray players but not Sony's own PS3.... For that reason alone I will NOT recommend them. I am now looking for Blu-ray authoring software that will produce a disc playable on the PS3 without hacking.... It can't be that complicated.....
    Quote Quote