VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello all.

I have a DVD, with 4 movies in the VIDEO_TS Folder.

I was hoping to make 4 different DVDs (that is 4 different VIDEO_TS Folders), with each DVD only having one Single title.

I thought it was going to be a simple matter of cutting and pasting. for example, one folder would have the VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1, another folder would have the VTS_02_0.BUP, VTS_02_0, etc etc

BUT that only worked for the first title, and for the rest it said "directory not found" when i tried to play in media player classic

I am a newbie, so sorry for asking dumb question and would appreciate details if not a hassle for u

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No, you must reauthor. Use for example vob2mpg and you will get a mpg for each titiles. Then use dvdstyler and add all mpgs to same title/track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    One quite crude way to achive what you want would be:

1).. Merge all the .vob files in their correct order into a single .vob using something like VOBMerge
    2).. Make 3 identical copies of the single .vob, naming each a title name of the 4 movies.
    3).. Open each .vob file in turn in an editor (AVIDemux ?) & trim off the other movies.
    4).. Save each trimmed movie as a seperate .mpg.
    5).. Use something like FAVC or ConvertXToDVD to burn a DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    No, you must reauthor. Use for example vob2mpg and you will get a mpg for each titiles. Then use dvdstyler and add all mpgs to same title/track.
    wow i cant believe the Baldrick replied to me, this is awesome, ur famous

so ur procedure worked like a charm, i actually posted a new question in ur "adding permanent subtitle guide"

pretty much i was able to do the process with no problem for years, one day i started getting the message

" ERROR: Ifo has more than one PGC: Unsupported
    C:\path...\Remuxed|VTS_01_0.IFO:

for subtitle creator, and as hard as i tried to look for solution i was never able to find one,

u think u got time in ur busy schedule to help me?
    Last edited by Dogpoundz; 24th Aug 2011 at 21:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    One quite crude way to achive what you want would be:

1).. Merge all the .vob files in their correct order into a single .vob using something like VOBMerge
    2).. Make 3 identical copies of the single .vob, naming each a title name of the 4 movies.
    3).. Open each .vob file in turn in an editor (AVIDemux ?) & trim off the other movies.
    4).. Save each trimmed movie as a seperate .mpg.
    5).. Use something like FAVC or ConvertXToDVD to burn a DVD
    thanks for ur help and quick reply, i went with baldrick procedure since it was allot easier, and seem to lose less quality, if any at all
    Quote Quote