VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i have a Acer desktop,2GB Ram,160 GB HDD,Windows 7 Pro, i want to install windows 7 home premium, but i need to know how to backup the system drivers? are there softwares available for this ?if you got any idea please let me know. Great thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing I could think of is to download the drivers for your machine off the Acer website and burn them to a CD. Just make double-dog sure that they actually work and that you get them all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. PSCO2007
    Search Comp PM
    The best program I have found is Acronis.

It will copy all drivers, programs, updates, etc. and you can get your computer back to full operating service in a fraction of time of reinstallation.

If you have a Western Digital or Seagate HDD, you can download it for free.

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale

=en-US&name=DiscWizard&vgnextoid=d9fd4a3

cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail

.asp?swid=119
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. For many drivers you are going to need the installation program, and/or this just saves a LOT of hassle. Plus, you DL the latest and greatest versions. Also, there are often included utilities seperate from the driver.

I do this a couple times a week on various systems and I ALWAYS download the latest version.

Why are you changing from 7 pro to 7 home premium?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I used driver genius Pro, i could have taken a system image but i didnt coz the version installed i guess not original copy as it was done at a computer repair shop.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    For many drivers you are going to need the installation program, and/or this just saves a LOT of hassle. Plus, you DL the latest and greatest versions. Also, there are often included utilities seperate from the driver.

I do this a couple times a week on various systems and I ALWAYS download the latest version.

Why are you changing from 7 pro to 7 home premium?
    the one installed is fake somehow i guess even though it shows geniune in microsoft website, what i now have is a original dvd of windows 7 home premium.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by skorpinok View Post
    I used driver genius Pro, i could have taken a system image but i didnt coz the version installed i guess not original copy as it was done at a computer repair shop.
    I second the motion ... that is the program I use
    Quote Quote  
  9. When you say the installed OS is "fake somehow", what info fare you using to determine this? Is there a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the PC and does it match the installed OS? Is Windows Genuine Advantage reporting the problem? It has been known to generate false readings.

Do you have the matching Certificate numbers for the 7 Home you intend to install?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Paulyvee
    Search Comp PM
    Theoretically and for that matter as far as I know practically if you are moving within a particular operating system you do not need new drivers.
    The only problem I can see is that Win 7 does not allow downgrading. thus a clean install is required.
    However I got a disc from a Russian site recently. This has done a superb job of installing drivers on a variety of machines running XP/Vista and 7 - in short whatever I have needed.
    The disc is called Driver Pack Solution and the site is drp.su/download.htm
    It is also available specifically for notebooks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    When you say the installed OS is "fake somehow", what info fare you using to determine this? Is there a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the PC and does it match the installed OS? Is Windows Genuine Advantage reporting the problem? It has been known to generate false readings.

Do you have the matching Certificate numbers for the 7 Home you intend to install?
    Hi nelson, Windows Genuine Advantage Reports its a original install.but guys at computer shops install fake windows 7 at cheap rates which i came to know later. when i requested them original install they said it gonna cost more.& now pirates have succeeded in fooling microsoft, if you wish just take a glance at pirate bay where you even get a DAZ loader or some kind of stuff where you can install & activate anything. due to this doubt i just thought this would be fake too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by charles29 View Post
    I also in distress this problem, windows7 cannot use ghost.
    What? I use Ghost 15 on two different machines to backup Windows 7. It works great.
    valvehead//
    Quote Quote