VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    when i open video mkv file with mkvmerge GUI v4.9.1. It shows only two types of file 1.Video(custum.dksubs).2.Audio(A_AC3).Those subtitles are merged in the files by default i guess.
    Please help with detail guide.Thanks.
    Last edited by imars99; 22nd Aug 2011 at 01:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure the video has a separate (soft) subtitle stream? In other words, can you turn it on or off, or is it actually part of the video data (hardsubbed)? If it's the latter, you won't be able to remove it with mkvmerge.

Run the MKV through a utility like MediaInfo, in Tree View, and see if it mentions any other streams in the MKV.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is actually part of the video data (hardsubbed).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You won't be able to remove the subtitles easily, then... and probably not cleanly. There are methods you can use to attempt to remove the subtitle images - but since they've replaced whatever they're covering in the video, those methods can only 'guess' at what was originally there approximating from the surrounding details, and may well just turn everything into a blurred mess that looks even worse.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    You won't be able to remove the subtitles easily, then... and probably not cleanly. There are methods you can use to attempt to remove the subtitle images - but since they've replaced whatever they're covering in the video, those methods can only 'guess' at what was originally there approximating from the surrounding details, and may well just turn everything into a blurred mess that looks even worse.
    Thanks for replay.I can understand but i want to try if somebody please guide me.Thanks.
    Last edited by imars99; 22nd Aug 2011 at 01:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no way to do what you ask, the best you can hope very is an extermely blurred image in place of the subs which will look much worse. There are no guides that i am aware of that touch on this topic. You may try using virtualdub and the logo removal filter. Your most likely better off trying to find source video with out subs, or at least soft subbed.

Might i ask what is your end goal, do you wish to add different subs?
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dragonkeeper View Post
    There is no way to do what you ask, the best you can hope very is an extermely blurred image in place of the subs which will look much worse. There are no guides that i am aware of that touch on this topic. You may try using virtualdub and the logo removal filter. Your most likely better off trying to find source video with out subs, or at least soft subbed.

Might i ask what is your end goal, do you wish to add different subs?
    Its in Danish if somehow its possible to convert in English at least.Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by imars99 View Post
    Its in Danish if somehow its possible to convert in English at least.Thanks.
    IF the subs are indeed hard subbed the answer is no. The text has become part of the video picture, and is no longer in an edible format.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can hardsub English subs over the Danish subs, but that's likely going to make things look even worse, even if you use a completely black background for the English subs.
    Quote Quote