VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys just got my hauppauge HD PVR. Its a snap capturing but I want to edit out commercials when I record in .mp4 format. I prefer working with mp4 because my dvd burning software handles it with ease. I have several questions here though....
    1.)Is there any freeware that I can use to edit the commercials out of the .mp4 format?
    2.) If not, will it be easier to find a software for the .ts or M2ts? If so can you suggest a software?

If it matters I am running windows Vista. My dvd burning/authoring software says it will handle the .mp4 m2ts, and ts files so I guess I shouldn't be concerned. Also, I just want to edit the parts of the video I don't need without re-encoding or any other crap. I'd like it to be fairly simple to use. I have a general understanding of video stuff but all that muxing and de-muxing, conversion, codecs, video transport stuff makes my head start to spin......
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux might work. but it might not be that stable.

Or else is probably videoredo the best. But it's not free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use tsSniper for editing out adverts from transport stream (*.ts) Hauppauge HD-PVR captures. Not frame accurate, but with a little practice, good enough for my purposes
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Fritzi, when I set the clip handles (the little markers that frame what part you want out) and when I exported and tried to play the video just froze at the point I wanted to cut. What did I do wrong. There is no help with the software.....
    Quote Quote