VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm using Adobe Audtion 1.5 to stretch audio parts on a project to make it match to a video which runs slower..
    I'm using the AC3 plugin from http://ac3filter.net/

I have a big problem. When I stretch it it all works as usual. But when I save it and open it again it is still the old length without any change.

Example: My file runs (min-sec-ms) 0-19-114 and I stretch it to 0-19-200.
    I'm using the "Stretch" Menu a caldulated Ratio of 99.552083 , Precision: high Precision, Stretching Mode: Time Stretch.
    After that the 0:19:114 file has a length of 0:19:200.
    Then I save it, all fine without any error. Then I re-open it again and see that the time display shows: 0:19:114.

I tried saving it to a wav file, I tried using the latest versions of Adobe Audition but it's all the same problem and nothing changes.

Does anyone have the same problems? Let me know.

Thanks and a greta weekend for you guys

-Gwar
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry can't help with Audition..If you're not too particular, try with Audacity..Import track> select all or section> Effect>Change Tempo..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might try converting to wav then stretch, and finally convert back to ac3.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you just want to stretch/compress AC3 by a known small amount, use AudioScale.

I picked it up from a forum a while ago, attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    you might try converting to wav then stretch, and finally convert back to ac3.
    It worked saving it to wav. Then I have a .wav with the right lenghth. BUT when I save it back to .ac3 it has the OLD lenghth again. Isn't this a bit crazy?? let me know

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    If you just want to stretch/compress AC3 by a known small amount, use AudioScale.

I picked it up from a forum a while ago, attached.

I'll give it a try thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. the AudioScale tool is pretty cool but in some cases I also need to edit the audio instead of stretching it, so I think I just go for the convert everything to .wav and then edit it solution.. The ac3 is in 2.0 anyways.

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote