VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello. I have a video that i used with virtualdub and Deshaker. It came out rather odd. Could someone look at the video at the URL below, and let me know what i'm doing wrong?

http://www.dropshots.com/sneezer#date/2011-08-20/02:10:15

As you can see, the black border around the video is going haywire. I did the 1st pass and 2nd pass steps in Deshaker. After setting my parameters for the 2nd pass, i clicked OK and OK again, and it said "Deshaking" in a box in the middle of the screen. This is bizarre that the black borders would be moving like that. Please let me know how to fix. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What did the original look like? If the original was very shaky then you expect to see big black borders like that. That's a natural result of deshaking a very shaky video. If the original wasn't so shaky it may be that deshaker was basing its deshaking largely on the woman's moving legs. Resulting in all the rotations and extreme pans. Try turning off the rotation and zoom options.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The original was very shaky. BUT I tried to deshake a very minimally shaky video, with the same black border situation. I don't get it! I also tried to turn off the rotation and zoom options, but it wouldn't allow it under the "Max correction limits (in percent and degrees)" options. I had to pick at least 1 for each. Tried that, and the video was still showing the borders moving all crazy. I even ticked the rolling shutter option, and still moving borders. crazy!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by snafubaby View Post
    The original was very shaky. BUT I tried to deshake a very minimally shaky video, with the same black border situation. I don't get it!
    If a frame is shifted to the side to eliminate a shake -- how is the program going to fill in the missing part of the picture to fill in the edge? There's no picture outside that frame so you get a black border. You can minimize the black border with deshaker's zoom and border fill options.

Originally Posted by snafubaby View Post
    I also tried to turn off the rotation and zoom options, but it wouldn't allow it under the "Max correction limits (in percent and degrees)" options. I had to pick at least 1 for each.
    You turn them off during the first pass. Detect Zoom and Detect Rotation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand now. Ok the video i just tried looks better now that i did what you said, Jagabo. Thank you!
    Quote Quote