VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone tell me where to find or how to stop my dish from timing out at night from lack of activity? It times out and will not record my programs the next day unless i have manually turned it back on.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As usual, the answer is in the manual. Download the PDF manual for the DVR 625 from Dish and keep it on your computer. It makes finding infomation easier.

See pages 105 and 106 for the reasons why the DVR shuts itself off, and how to stop it from happening, although it probably isn't a good idea to do that.

Programs should record even if the DVR is on standby (shut off), when the Timer Type is set to DVR. If a timer is skipped, the timers list will tell you why. The explanations are listed on page 72 of the manual. See if any apply. If that does't help, contact Dish Customer Support.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Aug 2011 at 11:00. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks the manual is where i tried first and the comp version but am still having a little trouble finding what i need. what is this feature called?? pg 72 of my manual has to do with connection. if i can look it up in the index that might help but i haven't found what it is listed under.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the link I used for the manual http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/522/DISH_Player-DVR_522-625_User_Guide.pdf

{Edit]I had to wait for the manual to download again, since I don't have Dish satellite service, let alone a Dish DVR, and didn't save the manual when I downloaded it the last time. Page 72 has a section titled "Reasons Why Timers are Skipped". Pages 105 and 106 contain sections titled "Updates" and "Inactivity Standby"
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Aug 2011 at 19:13.
    Quote Quote