VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any way to do this? I tried looking in Avidemux, but couldn't find anything.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Under audio enable shift and adjust the value to a negative value. Leave video and audio to copy. Save as a mkv,mp4,avi etc.

Or do you mean some thing else?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The audio gets cut out when I do that and the video doesn't change. I want the audio to stay as it is but to delay the video with just a black screen or something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So by this do you mean you want to add a few frames or seconds of black before the movie starts?

Or

do you want the audio to start at the beginning and the video will be black for a few frames or seconds

Or

Is the audio/video out of sync?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need an editor and place a split a frame before you want to start seeing the film. On the preceding ie the beginning of the film you need to use a video fx to send the image to black. So when the film is played the screen will be black but the audio will commence. Not sure what format the file is. You might be able to do it in avidemux it certainly can be done in Womble but that program is really a MPEG editor but it does edit avi file but it would save the result as a MPEG file and would be totally re-encoded. If it was a MPEG file it would only re-encode the first few frames.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote