VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!
    I've recently bought an iMac too ease my editing of films from my Canon Legeria camera...
    This is working great for all my new projects.. its only that when i take out my old hard drive and start with my old video files I cannot do anything... I have to convert them into other format and all that.. I think I've been to most forums to try and find the answer.. the problem is that I Need to get it into Final Cut so I can use them, without loosing any quality and without loosing the original time and date stamp on the files..
    If anyone knows how this can be done, it would be deeeeepely appreciated!

these are files from when my daughter was born, so therefor i need the dates and time to be there to know exacty what files came first... and there are film clips from a whole year, so its a lot....

I don't think i can transfer them back to the hard drive and then import them to the MAC...

so.. let me know!! thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What version of FC are you using?
    I have used ClipWrap [http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap], it preserves the timestamps of the videos. It basically rewraps your video to a .mov file that FC can import.
    After rewrapping I was able to import it to FC and I could not tell a difference in quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello, thanks!! This was a huge help for me, only problem is now that it does not seem to keep the time and date stamp... any idea if i´m doing something wrong here?
    I´m using V10.0
    Quote Quote  
  4. Interesting....
    Did you choose rewrap (don't alter video...)?

Also, does the old video have the correct timestamp (have to ask)?
    Last edited by vukodlak75; 18th Aug 2011 at 16:43.
    Quote Quote