VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! It's my first post ever on this forum. So, please be nice with the new guy...

First of all, I'd like to thank the creator(s?) of RipBot264. It's really a nice piece of work!
    I encoded my Die hard dvd collection (input : PAL 576i) into mpeg2 mkv and then into a AVC mkv. The first 3 worked pretty well and were converted into 576p. But the fourth was converted into 1080p. I don't know why. I tried other dvds, but the same thing occurs. It's ok with me, but instead of a 45 minutes conversion, it took my cpu almost 3 hours to do the job. I'd rather ffdshow or my mkv/dvd player to do the trick.

So here is my question. How can i tell RipBot: "Dude, you're a nice guy. I like you. But you work too much. 576p works just fine with me." ?

If any one has an idea...my Lethal weapon dvd collection comes next in the line...

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can change the video frame size under properties and picture properties.

And I think ripbot264 works best if you open the dvd video_ts folder instead a mpeg2 mkv(I guess you use makemkv?). You have to rip the dvd first or use anydvd or dvd43 then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried resizing in properties. It worked. But instead of 45 minutes, it took 1h45 min. I don't know. It just doesn't smell right.

I use dvd fab pass key lite for the dvd protection, then dvd decrypter to demux and mkvmerge to mux in mkv. I'll try the ripbot "all-in-one-button" to see what happen and i'll keep you posted...

Thanks for dvd43, i didn't know these one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. That's weird. Even if i don't understand it, if i use RipBot all along the process (demuxing, encoding and muxing) it works. ETA : 50 minutes. Thanks a lot Baldrick. Take care...
    Quote Quote