VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I tried to play a BR-DL on my LG BD370 but... it gave a disc error while it plays smoothly on my PS3. My question is:

Does it actually support blu ray DL (as some plp in some other forums confirmed that it plays DL)?
    Is it a SW issue ?

Any help would be great
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you just tried one br-dl brand?

And please don't cross post. I deleted your other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks man for deleting the other post... appologies

I burnet a DL BR on a Sony BD DL and did not work on the LG and gave "Disc error" ... but on PS 3 it worked. On the specs page found here, it said that this player plays BD DL
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Had the same problem on a LG BD590 not playing a BD9 disc but would play a BD5. After updating the latest firmware and servo update a month ago, it plays BD9 discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried serveral updates and nothing is working.... what is servo update ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Under Software Information for the BD590, it lists MAIN VER and SERVO VER. The Servo update is a driver update for the disc reader. In my case the servo update did the trick.

Your player may not have a seperate servo update.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It looks like there are no servo update for my player...So i guess it does not play BD-DL
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just a quick update... LG BD 370 plays perfectly BD DL. When i switched brands from TDK to Verbatim, it played 100%.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bruuce View Post
    Just a quick update... LG BD 370 plays perfectly BD DL. When i switched brands from TDK to Verbatim, it played 100%.
    Stuff like this is why we constantly tell people here to ONLY use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs for their DL needs.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am just sharing my experience... 5 TDK BD DL went damaged while burning them while Verbatim BD DL very soft and none of them were damaged. Anyways it is not an ad.. it is just to confirm that it plays BD DL.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Just a quick update... LG BD 370 plays perfectly BD DL. When i switched brands from TDK to Verbatim, it played 100%.
    Stuff like this is why we constantly tell people here to ONLY use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs for their DL needs.
    Crap! I missed that we are taking about BD and not DVD here. I still trust Verbatim for BD discs though.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am just sharing my experience... 5 TDK BD DL went damaged while burning them while Verbatim BD DL very soft and none of them were damaged. Anyways it is not an ad.. it is just to confirm that it plays BD DL.
    By the way, if you have other TDK BD DL discs to use up, try burning them at lower speeds. You might try 4x or even 2x and see if that does any better for you. Sometimes lower quality discs will burn successfully at lower speeds.

Not to digress, but all the BD media I've seen in stores was made in Japan. Are we at the point with BD media where "made in Japan" may not necessarily be an indicator of quality? I am asking because I honestly don't know.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I tried at several speeds even 1. Honestly to make things clearer, i used a monster USD cable to attach my BD burner to my laptop instead of the crap cable that comes with the LG external burner. I think this made a huge difference in reading the DVD's and BD'S. I am honestly not sure but 5 TDK getting damaged on diff speeds ... that's a fortune for a BD DL man...
    Quote Quote