VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I received some of these "Made On Demand" discs for a birthday present. They skip like mad on at least 4 players so I wanted to see what these really are. LG 22 and 55 burners don't even see the discs when inserted. My Sony/Optiarc 7200 sees them no problem but analysis with several ripper programs shows bad sector/burns galore. Discs are Optiarc +R double layer set for DVD ROM. You also can't return the discs for new ones as they ARE just burns from the manufacturer (not pressed discs). I've been checking several forums and this seems to be common now...bad burns from high speed burners of rare TV series and movies from big outfits like WB, MGM, HB, etc. Very frustrating to wait all this time to get these (expensive) discs only to have them be unplayable. Just a warning to anyone who might be thinking of purchasing this junk...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim + DL ... anything else is rubbish ... which appears to be what there using.

You'll have your work cut out recovering the data.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had not heard of this service before, but in reading about "What to do if your DVD won't play," there should be customer service number that you can call if the DVD doesn't play. Prices seem pretty high for this service.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazon says unreturnable once bought. Manufacturer says I shouldn't have them at all as they were supposed to be USA only. Guess I'm stuck with them. Yeah, having the manufacturer use junk instead of good discs was really a surprise. You'd think they'd know by now...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oldfart13 View Post
    You also can't return the discs for new ones as they ARE just burns from the manufacturer (not pressed discs).
    You might not be able to return the discs for credit, but you can still exchange them for working discs. Consumer protection laws say that a vendor can't sell "non-working junk" and offer a consumer no recourse.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It'll cost you time for the burns and cost for the blanks, but you could put the discs in the reader that can see them correctly, then rip the contents (as files, NOT as ISO) to a HD folder using ISOBuster, etc. Then use ImgBurn to "Build" a new, GOOD discimage and burn onto Verbatims...

Worth it? I don't know. How many have you already bought?

Scott
    Quote Quote