VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I simply want to copy blu-ray or DVD to a 1.5gb .AVI or so and use quick sync to do it.

DVDfab looked great. but was a total mess. fast rip (when it works) and if it did work the file jerked every 5 seconds. So this software is out until they can come out with a version that works with IQS. Even turning off GPU and using all software to encode gave problems.

Anydvd has a low fail rate. always works. but takes 50min to rip on a week old i7 then on top of that have to rip again to .AVI which i still haven't found software that works well on IQS (trying badaboom now) mediaespresso seems to pause at 5% in and hang with my files.

Its almost been a year. shouldn't there be more software to support intel quick sync by now? Is it really that complicated that only 4 media products out of thousands "support" it?

Thanks, sorry for the tone im just frustrated and wasted A LOT of time on this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ehmm,.. since you aim for .avi as container I assume you want to create Divx/Xvid/MPEG-4 ASP material, but afaik there's a no MPEG-4 ASP Encoder that support Intel QuickSync.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Freemake Video Converter seems to rip DVD's fast. It says it supports CUDA (just like badaboom) but I don't know if it makes a difference to the speed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    Freemake Video Converter seems to rip DVD's fast. It says it supports CUDA (just like badaboom) but I don't know if it makes a difference to the speed.
    Freemake has ZERO to do with ripping times or ripping at all since to "rip" a DVD or Blu Ray is to make an exact copy of the disc and place it on your computer.....that's why it's called a video CONVERTER and not a ripper. That's also why it's NOT in the "Decrypters(DVD Rippers)" portion of TOOLS here on Videohelp.....because it's not a ripping tool.

IMO...none of these tactics like QuickSync are going to help speed up anything if you are trying to CONVERT a video to something else directly from the DVD or Blu Ray drive. It's always been faster to RIP the DVD to your HDD first...then convert that to something else....I'd imagine it's the same or even worse with Blu Ray.
    RIP the disc to your HDD first....then CONVERT that to something else utilizing QuickSync or CUDA or whatever. That's the only way you will ever see the speed increase benefits of these tactics.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd fab was ripping movies (when it worked) in roughly 10 minutes at 300 fps. seems like everything else is at 40fps. This could be me just not knowing what formats are faster.

looks like use anydvd which takes an hour then use ? to rip to ipad format or whatever. media converter freezes on import of files. badaboom seemed to rip without audio.
    Arcsoft is up next

I tried ripbot for a sec and didn't appear so easy or fast.

Also intel says roxio supports IQS but on roxio forums i saw people saying there was no support *shrug* atleast its a new PC and i can set the laptop back to factory default so i can run trials again. doesn't look like i'll figure this out in 30 days lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Trife View Post
    dvd fab was ripping movies (when it worked) in roughly 10 minutes at 300 fps. seems like everything else is at 40fps. This could be me just not knowing what formats are faster.

looks like use anydvd which takes an hour then use ? to rip to ipad format or whatever. media converter freezes on import of files. badaboom seemed to rip without audio.
    Arcsoft is up next

I tried ripbot for a sec and didn't appear so easy or fast.

Also intel says roxio supports IQS but on roxio forums i saw people saying there was no support *shrug* atleast its a new PC and i can set the laptop back to factory default so i can run trials again. doesn't look like i'll figure this out in 30 days lol
    You've basically said all of this already in your first post. Until you get the terminology correct you will never understand it. Ripping a disc to your hard drive is step one....converting the video contained in that DVD "rip" that you just placed on your hard drive is step two.....and Roxio products are not involved in any way, shape or form in the two steps above.
    QuickSync will NOT be any help in step one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    That's what I love about public forums like this. You take the time to try to help someone & you get grief in return. Ok... I used the word 'rip' incorrectly & should have used 'converted' but given the OP wanted to take a DVD/Blu-Ray & convert it to an AVI I feel my suggestion to use Freemake is still appropriate.

A polite correction would have been enough, but your sarcasm was unnecessary & I don't appreciate being spoken to in such a way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    I don't appreciate being spoken to in such a way.
    Poor baby. Then stop yelling out FREEMAKE like you have Tourette syndrome.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought he was yelling at me cause i said avi instead of whatever the heck h264 encode filename is. Just a reminder this is the newbie forum.

anywho arcsoft seems to be what im looking for. except now i have the problem that the br rip has 2 files in the "main movie" so i have to find something else to merge them.

Might be less headache to just buy a 50 pack of blu-ray blanks, lol time to check prices.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Poor baby. Then stop yelling out FREEMAKE like you have Tourette syndrome.
    Man you are up yourself, aren't you. I suggested Freemake 'coz I use it & it works for me, that's all. I hope Trife tries it & it works for him, but if it doesn't then I couldn't care less. At least I tried to offer something positive rather than nothing at all. Where's your suggestions Mr. Expert, huh ?

And if you think I keep promoting something like I have Tourette's, maybe you should take a look at your own signature !
    Quote Quote