VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

I run a podcast and recently we have decided that we'd like to become a Vcast and start including both our audio shows and now video shows on our RSS feed. I wanted to make the show a higher quality so I found a software called Webcam Max that will allow you to have multiple webcams running at once and combine them onto a single screen via "picture in picture". I want to take this combined video feed and send it to Ustream.tv which is where we do our shows. There is a problem though.

I cannot figure out how to get webcam max to send the video source to Ustream. Does anybody know how to get this program to send the video feed to UStream? Or does anybody have a suggestion for another program, free or not, that can send PiP video feeds to an online service such as Ustream? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanted to include the screen shots that the tech people continually asked for. Also I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ustream_Tech_Support_080511.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	8081  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ustream_Tech_Support_2_080511.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	8082  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestion on that thread but I'm not finding it very helpful. First of all:
    In WCM options, go to advanced tab and set webmax as default webcam. There's a checkbox there that will default ustream to WCM.

Then in WCM, when broadcasting and it asks to allow access to mike, answer yes and not to ask again. This will permit it for default.

Then, under video device in Ustream, select WCM as the video source. This should not be necessary once you've set Ustream (through WCM) to default to WCM, and WCM will automatically open at the same time as you start your Ustream broadcast.

Note that I ran into a synch problem, that Ustream was showing later than the WCM A/V, even worse than the synch problems I have in WCM by iteelf (video 2 sec later than audio). Frame rates were affected too, making video choppy.

Record mode works in both Ustream and WCM; you'll have to test them to see which is best for you and whether either degrades system performance.
    I don't understand the second line in this quote at all. I see no broadcast option in WCM and on the Ustream when I broadcast it says me no such think about allowing a mike. The third line makes it seem as if all I need to do is go on the Ustream and WCM will just work automatically but this is not the case.

There was another post on that thread I thought might be helpful however I couldn't figure it out. It was this:

1. First what you need to do is login to Ustream. Now right-mouse-click on your Ustream username in the member/username list.

2. A small grey dialogue box will be displayed that will say and show an option box with settings and "Adobe Flash Player" versions e.g 8.0 or 9.0

3. Select the settings, Now click on the privacy tab, microphone tab, camera tab, then click on using the pulldown arrow select the "webcamMax capture driver".

4. And finally all you need to do now is enable, and keep those changes by selecting the [ALLOW and REMEMBER]. That's all you need to do, to get it to show a live working video within Ustream applet.
    I could not find this "small grey dialogue box" that he refers to in step 2. This post is three years old and Ustream.tv has gone through several transformations and WCM is not even close to the same version it was three years ago.

This is driving me nuts. I wish WCM's tech support didn't suck so badly. Can anybody else help me out? I'm getting desperate.
    Last edited by hellfire45; 9th Aug 2011 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody used Ustream Producer? I see that the "pro" verison costs $200 dollars which is unfortunate but the regular version is free. However, it says it only supports 1 camera.
    Quote Quote