VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to keep VLC's deïnterlace modus to automatic?

By default the deïnterlace modus is turned off. Evertime I start up VLC I have to put the deïnterlace modus back to automatic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tools/preferences/video
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Aedipuss:

There's no 'tools' in the menu bar of my version of VLC. I have the Apple version. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	menubalk.png
Views:	1053
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	8083

The only thing I've found in the preferences about deïnterlace modes is this:

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2011-08-09 om 15.03.49.png
Views:	558
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	8084
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry this it how the pc version is setup.

Name:	2011-08-09_095731.png
Views:	551
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	8085
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HitTheRoad View Post
    @ Aedipuss:

There's no 'tools' in the menu bar of my version of VLC. I have the Apple version.
    You should have told us that in your first post. VLC isn't as good under OS X as the Windows and Linux versions and may be missing options that versions for those operating systems have. We don't like cross posting so wait about a week (sorry) and if nobody here has any suggestions or says "You can't do that on the Apple version for sure" then please make a new post about this in our Mac section and maybe someone there can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @jman98:

I didn't expect the Mac version to be so different from the Windows and Linux versions. I'll wait for a week before posting again about the same subject in the Mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  7. In the Windows version the Video tab (Show All Settigns) itself has the interlace options at the very bottom.

Name:	vlc.png
Views:	582
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	8087

There's one in the filters tab (like on the Mac) but that's not the one you want.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @jman98:

I didn't expect the Mac version to be so different from the Windows and Linux versions. I'll wait for a week before posting again about the same subject in the Mac section.
    Sadly the Mac version is less functional than the Windows and Linux versions. Files that will cause VLC to crash on Macs will play fine on Windows or Linux VLC. Mac VLC also typically uses an older code base too. The Mac version is really a bit of an afterthought and in my opinion the people responsible for it are not as serious about it as the Windows and Linux developers are.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is something else bothering me about the Mac version of VLC. I'm wondering if this is the same with the Windows and Linux versions.

VLC stops playing before a video is completely ended. It's only the last second or half a second that's missing. But sometimes this is frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by HitTheRoad View Post
    VLC stops playing before a video is completely ended. It's only the last second or half a second that's missing. But sometimes this is frustrating.
    I've never noticed anything like that with the Windows version. What type of file are you playing? What codecs?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ jagabo:

The type of files I'm playing are multiplexed MPEG 1/2.
    The codecs: MPEG-2 Video, AC3
    Quote Quote  
  12. I play MPEG 1/2 videos all the time and never noticed any missing video at the end of the file -- with the Windows version of VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC 1.1.9 on Linux cuts videos short by around 100-300ms compared to mplayer/ffplay(ffmpeg). Random files I've tried are:
    - MPEG-2/MP2 .ts
    - H.263/AAC .mp4
    - H.264/MP3 .mp4
    Quote Quote  
  14. Most of my videos fade to black at the end. But I found a few MPG samples that just cut off. MPCHC played about 1 second more than VLC did -- under Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ jagabo:

Glad to hear it's not a Mac-related issue, VLC cutting of or fading black at the end.
    Quote Quote