VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. illusion Dictator
    Search PM
    What is coolest (Maximum quality Remain) & hottest (Low File Size) DVD or Blue-ray ripper do you use or do you think???

Pls, share here your experience my friendz..........
    Last edited by iqbal88; 6th Aug 2011 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use Handbrake for encoding my DVDs to H.264 format for good quality and small file size. For ripping, I use AnyDVD and let it run in the background.

And iqbal88, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by iqbal88 View Post
    What is coolest (Maximum quality Remain) & hottest (Low File Size) DVD or Blue-ray ripper do you use or do you think???
    A "rip" is an exact copy of a DVD or Blu Ray with no compression or re-encoding. For copying DVDs I use AnyDVD and occasionally DVDFabDecrypter.
    I also use Handbrake to re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quality versus Filesize is a trade off. Maximum quality requires high bitrates and therefore large file sizes. There is nothing you can do to change this.

If you want the "MAXIMUM QUALITY !!@#!$!#@#!" the rip it and leave it.

Anything after that is a trade-off between quality and size, and the answer comes down to your tolerance for what quality. Some still believe quality is achieved in a 700MB Xvid file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. illusion Dictator
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I use Handbrake for encoding my DVDs to H.264 format for good quality and small file size. For ripping, I use AnyDVD and let it run in the background.

And iqbal88, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    ThanX Bro, 4 your suggestion
    Quote Quote  
  6. illusion Dictator
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Quality versus Filesize is a trade off. Maximum quality requires high bitrates and therefore large file sizes. There is nothing you can do to change this.

Anything after that is a trade-off between quality and size, and the answer comes down to your tolerance for what quality. .
    Bro I accept your understanding.
    Quote Quote  
  7. illusion Dictator
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by iqbal88 View Post
    A "rip" is an exact copy of a DVD or Blu Ray with no compression or re-encoding. For copying DVDs I use AnyDVD and occasionally DVDFabDecrypter.
    I also use Handbrake to re-encode.
    thanX bro
    Quote Quote