VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need help please!! I have an Optiarc DVD -R, AD7170a, which I flashed after re-installing Windows XP
    When I look up in Device Manager, shows the correct Optiarc, and that its a DVD R, but, under properties, it onlty shows information for CD recording.
    I installed Nero 7, and it doesnt recoginized the DVD drive, just the CD. I also used IMG Burn, and it sees it, but wont burn.
    So I need to know how to get it back to using the DVD again. The DVD did work before I re installed XP.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    According to Google that drive has a long history of this problem. Might be time to simply replace it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can confirm that. We had the same drive in a recording studio DAW, and it caused hordes of problems. Took days to figure out what the problem was.
    i7 920@3.3|P6T6 WS Rev|12G DDR3@600|1300wABS|GTX285SC|4xWD1001FALS|2xWD1501FA SS|3x7K3000|LSI 9211-8i|IntelPro100|2xSamsung DVDRW|Win7x64|Slave: AMDX2 4200@3.0|A8N SLI-Prem.|ATI HD2400XT
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried removing the drive in Device Manager and restart the system to see if that helps? If that doesn't work, you might try deleting upper and lower filters values.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bevills1, I will try that and let you know. Thank you everyone for your feed back.
    Quote Quote