VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

Ive been reading a lot of this forum, some awesome people here. I was hoping for some feedback on getting my game recordings converted to high quality youtube videos.

Im using dxtory + lagarith lossless codec to record, turns out some very high quality recordings.

they record to a .avi file, and ive been messing with a lot of programs to convert it to a high quality youtube video, i just dont know a lot about filters and such to increase the quality after i create it.

so far it seems that rip bot and AVS video converter give me the best results when converting to x264.

im not even sure how to word the question right sadly

is there any tips, old forum posts, links, that anyone has for some good settings with any of these programs, or others that i can try, that will produce some high quality videos fairly easily?

the only issue i have with my videos after i convert them, is a slight fuzz to them. im recording in 1080p, and converting down to 720p.

Thanks for any help and feedback!

im open to try anything out, so please any suggestions or combos of programs ill try!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forums. It's not a bad thing to ask about such but we have had ENDLESS (all I can say is it really got old for me) threads in the past year or so that have discussed this subject ad nauseum. Have you searched the forums for old posts on this subject? Probably those threads have the info you want. Just search for something like "YouTube quality" and I would think that you'd get a lot of matches. Usually here we really don't care about you asking about stuff we've discussed before but maybe it would just be easier to first look through the old threads because they were incredibly detailed and I can't imagine anyone has anything new to add to them. We DON'T like it when new people dig up old threads to needlessly add to them, so if you find threads that are 6+ months old, please don't post to them just to say "Thanks that really helped me". If it helped you that's great, but we don't need to know that and we'd rather old threads just be left alone unless you've got something absolutely critical to add to them.

I am NEVER going to understand why people want to upload game play captures to YouTube nor why anyone other than the uploader would have any interest in watching such. But it's your life not mine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, i know i took a risk posting i figured i would get this sort of response, ill look right away!

sorry and thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not trying to offend you but a large number of us really get tired of the "How do I make my YouTube videos better?" question. I am just sick of it. However, we have quite a few people with seemingly infinite amounts of patience and while I will not spend even one more minute on this subject after this reply because it doesn't interest me at all, some of our members go to extremes that I personally find ridiculous to help people. You could always try begging for help again and say that you tried, but gosh, you just couldn't find ANYTHING at all that even remotely was helpful and I have no doubt that several of our members will be willing to help you. I've seen threads go 20 replies deep with original posters who are just complete and utter morons who are completely unable to understand even the simplest of directions and some of our members will continue replying to their idiotic replies until the end of time, but you seem reasonably intelligent to me and I've got a feeling that if you find something via a search you'll probably learn from it. But seriously, if you just can't find anything come back and say so and someone with more patience than me will feel sorry for you and help you out I'm sure.

Here's one thread.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/276223-Youtube-Upload-increase-quality-control-%28H...ouTube+quality
    At almost 2000 posts I have to seriously wonder if this thread is even useful any more as if it one day actually contained helpful info you might give up now without ever finding it (and who would blame you) but it illustrates why I'm not a fan of the subject. I'm not seeing how this subject should have ever reasonably exceeded perhaps 100 posts to cover the subject in plenty of details and it's nearly got 2000 in it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Not trying to offend you but a large number of us really get tired of the "How do I make my YouTube videos better?" question. I am just sick of it. However, we have quite a few people with seemingly infinite amounts of patience and while I will not spend even one more minute on this subject after this reply because it doesn't interest me at all, some of our members go to extremes that I personally find ridiculous to help people. You could always try begging for help again and say that you tried, but gosh, you just couldn't find ANYTHING at all that even remotely was helpful and I have no doubt that several of our members will be willing to help you. I've seen threads go 20 replies deep with original posters who are just complete and utter morons who are completely unable to understand even the simplest of directions and some of our members will continue replying to their idiotic replies until the end of time, but you seem reasonably intelligent to me and I've got a feeling that if you find something via a search you'll probably learn from it. But seriously, if you just can't find anything come back and say so and someone with more patience than me will feel sorry for you and help you out I'm sure.

Here's one thread.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/276223-Youtube-Upload-increase-quality-control-%28H...ouTube+quality
    At almost 2000 posts I have to seriously wonder if this thread is even useful any more as if it one day actually contained helpful info you might give up now without ever finding it (and who would blame you) but it illustrates why I'm not a fan of the subject. I'm not seeing how this subject should have ever reasonably exceeded perhaps 100 posts to cover the subject in plenty of details and it's nearly got 2000 in it.
    not at all an issue for me, im a member of forums where im the same way, sometimes though your the new guy.

really i was hoping for some stickied posts or something, would really help if there are more popular one all guides or something that people new to this type of thing can reference thats not your responsibility, but you know what i mean !

im still searching through, so many times its asked, also im using lagariths codec when recording, not all programs except that codec for conversion, so that was something a little bit specific on my end.

dont mind the feeback or criticism ! keep it coming
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by questioneer
    im converting from lagarith lossless codec .avi - 1920x1080 down to 1280x720 using vegas, main concept codec, .mp4, 12k bit rate, two pass, profile main, field order none (progressive scan), number of reference frames 6.

in vegas i also ticked the option to ignore motion blur, and right clicked the video -> properties -> no post processing.

anything i can do to make the quality of my renders better, or does anyone recommend a different render process to lessen the file size?

a 15min video came out to 1.05gb and took about an hour to render. i did no editing on this video.

thanks for any help either higher quality and roughly the same file size, or higher quality lower file size is what im looking for.
    Hi questioneer,

Export your Vegas project with
    Debugmode_FrameServe . After this use RIPBOT264 or MEGUI to encode your video.

In my opinion its a best option to make high quality videos from Youtube upload.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a recente thread about the exact same subject...game footage...youtube...better quality.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/337293-1920x1200-Editing-to-best-Youtube-HD-quality...help?p=2099080

you can also try any video converter it has "youtube upload" conversion profiles.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote