VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an older model plasma that does not have a hdmi input.I want to hook up my ps3. My direct tv receiver is hooked to the audio video input in the tv via a/v plugs.I bought a hdmi to dvi cable but it does not transfer sound. Does anyone know another wat to hook my ps3 to tv.Can I hook a audio splitter(y cable) to the input on the tv and get sound from receiver and ps3 thanks for any kind of help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe change your subject title to "at a loss" ? Or better yet, change it to "How do I hook up old plasma TV to ps3"
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    allen john-in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Component is supported for the moment, although it may not be on the next model. I think you need to get an adapter from Sony. Audio can be analogue or optical digital.

This is all explained very clearly in the manual.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You may want to look into a standalone HDMI->ComponentAnalog Adapter (HDCP-compliant, if possible). Could help in more ways than just the ps3.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You do realize that playing games on a Plasma tv is very bad for the TV, i believes it come a close second to dropping TV from second story window. You will most likely start to experience severe ghosting.
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 3rd Aug 2011 at 16:08.
    Quote Quote