VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically I'm trying to encode a video on my Megui. I've done this 20 times in the past with no problems at all but now I can't get past the audio encoding stage. I've attached the error log to this post but it looks pretty clear to me that it's a problem with the Nero AAC.

Now so far I've done what was listed in this thread https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/298209-meGUI-Nero-AAC-encoding-error and still no luck. I also completely uninstalled MeGUI and even did a registry clean and I'm still getting the same problem at the audio stage in encoding. Can anyone please help me?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still completely stumped on this...Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried other programs like handbrake, mediacoder, xmediarecode, etc?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I haven't really tried any other programs much MeGUI has worked so much better than other programs for me in the past. I would really rather just get this working than use something else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What size is the audio file you are trying to encode.

Code:
    --[Error] [7/30/2011 1:43:36 AM] An error occurred
    --[Error] [7/30/2011 1:43:36 AM] Exception message: The pipe has been ended.
    That implies that the audio file has a problem. Though I suspect that should have been a problem with the normalize step but maybe not since it is only looking for the maximum volume..

Code:
    -[Error] Log for job1 (audio, COH.avs -> COH.m4a)
    This line might be the key. You are using the AVS file and not the audio itself. Maybe when you chose the audio file for some reason you clicked on the AVS and that seems to be a strange choice UNLESS you were using AVISynth to do a something with the sound. I usually demux the file being converted and use the actual sound files.

Or maybe Nero just can't handle this
    Code:
    ---[Information] [7/30/2011 1:43:33 AM] Sample rate: 192000
    I have never used anything beyond 48000 myself. Maybe you need to change the sample rate. Have you used that kind of sound file before.

Ethelred
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Try downloading a new Nero AAC and place it in the megui tools folder and see
    name the folder as "neroaccenc" and also reanme the neroaac.exe to "neroaacenc"

try it, it worked for me
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies, I'll try out these suggestions and reply later tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thezanny View Post
    Try downloading a new Nero AAC and place it in the megui tools folder and see
    name the folder as "neroaccenc" and also reanme the neroaac.exe to "neroaacenc"

try it, it worked for me
    No luck from this I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by Ethlred View Post
    What size is the audio file you are trying to encode.

Code:
    --[Error] [7/30/2011 1:43:36 AM] An error occurred
    --[Error] [7/30/2011 1:43:36 AM] Exception message: The pipe has been ended.
    That implies that the audio file has a problem. Though I suspect that should have been a problem with the normalize step but maybe not since it is only looking for the maximum volume..
    Could you explain further?

Code:
    -[Error] Log for job1 (audio, COH.avs -> COH.m4a)
    This line might be the key. You are using the AVS file and not the audio itself. Maybe when you chose the audio file for some reason you clicked on the AVS and that seems to be a strange choice UNLESS you were using AVISynth to do a something with the sound. I usually demux the file being converted and use the actual sound files.
    I actually am using AVIsynth. I suppose I should have specified that. It makes it easier since I don't have to get a separate audio file, I just let the encoder do all the work since I use Fraps to record both my video and audio.

Or maybe Nero just can't handle this
    Code:
    ---[Information] [7/30/2011 1:43:33 AM] Sample rate: 192000
    I have never used anything beyond 48000 myself. Maybe you need to change the sample rate. Have you used that kind of sound file before.

Ethelred
    This worked! I could have sworn that I used a really high sample rate in the past though. I bumped the sample rate down to 48000 as it took a long while but eventually it got through the audio. It's strange though, it never took a while to start encoding the audio like that before when it WAS working....
    Last edited by therealDr.Nick; 3rd Aug 2011 at 03:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This worked! I could have sworn that I used a really high sample rate in the past though.
    Good. I was shotgunning and mentioned anything that I didn't understand in the log. I was using a log from a recent DVD conversion I did for comparison.

Could you explain further?
    The log said:

/30/2011 1:43:36 AM] Exception message: The pipe has been ended.
    I took that to mean the the audio file that was being sent by AVISynth ended improperly.

I have used AVS files to handle the audio as well but usually I don't. In this case the audio specs looked like they might have come from a Bluray disc in which case the standard methods would, I think based on DVDs, be to demux the audio and then use the audio files directly instead of piping it through AVISynth.

I wrote that up the day before and then let it sit hoping someone else would have a clue as I was making some wild assed guesses. Since no one else had a clue I decided to post it.

Thank you for posting the results. Sometimes people don't.

Ethelred
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I appreciate the responses. I don't think I would have ever figured this out otherwise.
    Quote Quote