VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My computer has an NVidia G310 graphics card in it. This card has HDMI, VGA and DVI outputs. What I would like to do is keep my HDMI and VGA cable plugged in together and get sound and video on both my monitor and my TV. (Not necessarily at the same time.) However, to get audio on my TV, I have to unplug my monitor and speakers. If I leave the speakers plugged in, I get no sound on my TV. If I plug in both my monitor and HDMI cable, I get no sound on my TV. (I should mention that I am using the HDMI cable for audio and video.) Plugging in just the HDMI cable gives sound and video. I have gone to the NVidia Control panel, and have found that I am only HDCP compliant with the VGA cable removed. Is there a way to do this, with this card? Or should I just resign myself to plugging and unplugging cables when I want to view videos on my TV?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use the speakers or inputs to an amp for ALL audio, most likely these are far superior to the TV speakers.

You could also try disabling the appropriate sound option in control panel, this at least would be better than unplugging cables all the time. Maybe.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My HDMI goes into an amp, so the sound is no problem. In fact, I've taken to plugging my computer speakers into the jack on the front of my machine- it's not pretty, but, at least I don't have to hunt around in the back for that little green outlet. My main concern is the video. I would really like to keep both plugged in and just switch inputs on my amp to watch a video, with sound, from my hard drive. As things stand now, that is not working.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So, you got HDMI into an amp, and the PC sound output also going into the amp? Then disable HDMI audio. That way, ALL the sound will be going to the amp. When using HDMI, you see video on the tv, with sound. Leave amp on the same setting and switch to the monitor.

You CAN'T use HDMI audio on the monitor, but you CAN use PC-to-AMP, which will also work when using HDMI to the TV, IF the audio is NOT sent over the HDMI cable.

I use optical out to the amp, but otherwise have a similar setup. Using the HDMI audio is what causes the complication.
    Quote Quote