VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody!

I'm new here. Here is my first newbie question: I found a great program, the Format Factory. This program has a video joining feature which is to join 2 or more video files in one video file.

Okay. This is easy, and quick when I use VirtualDub (Direct stream copy on video and audio). But I ran into porblems when I tried it with this Format Factory. The procedure is very slow. When I tried with the "copy" option on advanced setting, the result was bad. (Lagging, picture distorton..)

Both file has the same compression and audio rate etc...

So my question is: how to join 2 or more video files to get the result just like did with VirtualDub.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Earl,

Have you tried the Latest version of Format Factory? Worked for couple of small .mov test files that I just used.

Also, it takes longer to Join using FF ... since it does Not have a "Direct Copy" option ... and it goes thru the entire Conversion process regardless.

For joining i like VDub much better.

G!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi gonwk!

Thank you for your reply. I have the latest version available (2.70) Joining worked for me too, but it was very slow. I agree that VirtualDub is better for joining, but it needs external codecs to be installed.
    And well, I'm not very familiar with installing external codecs like K-lite. I can't decide which component must be installed to edit videos and which is a "Windows-killer" component.

Best,
    Earl Hickey
    Quote Quote