VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1000547&p=-1&#bottom

Iv'e done the exact method it says in the tutorial above but when i try to join the filters together in graph it comes up with the stupid cant connect blahblahblah!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome djdynamite123

This is on the fly output

Ffdshow may be better option where setup properly

----

Q:

How can I send the audio to my receiver instead of my PC speakers?

A:

Most receivers are able to decode AC3 and DTS audio. If you have connected your receiver to your PC with a digital cable, then you can send AC3 and DTS audio directly to your receiver by using S/PDIF pass-through.

It is also possible to output other audio formats to your receiver by re-encoding the audio to AC3 in realtime.

The location of the S/PDIF options depends on which decoder that you are using, either ffdshow or AC3Filter. The codec pack uses ffdshow by default.

ffdshow

In ffdshow audio decoder configuration, go to the "Output" page. There you can find checkboxes to enable S/PDIF pass-through for AC3 and DTS audio.

If you also want to send the audio from other audio formats to your receiver, then you need to enable the "AC3 (S/PDIF encode mode)" checkbox under "Supported output sample formats".

Only the audio that is processed by ffdshow will get re-encoded to AC3. If you also want ffdshow to process audio that has been decoded by a different DirectShow filter, then you need to go to the "Codecs" page in ffdshow configuration and set "Uncompressed" to "All supported".

AC3Filter

To activate S/PDIF output, enable the checkbox called "Use SPDIF" that is located on the "Main" tab.
    All S/PDIF options in AC3Filter are located on the "SPDIF" tab.
    If you want AC3Filter to process audio that was decoded by a different DirectShow filter, then you need to enable PCM on the "System" tab.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    Im already using FFDshow to encode ACC into AC3 with GOM player but i need a way to play a few particular games in 5.1 using the method i mentioned in the link, but when i go to link the filters together using graphedit it just says cant connect them blahblah.. :/
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Please post a screen shot of your Graphedit / Graphstudio error message. Also, try AC3Filter instead of ffdshow's audio decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh finally got it to work but audio is delayed by like 1-2 seconds .... Perhaps it doesn't help with me using a 10m HDMI and 10m optical cable....... Is there a way to speed up the audio?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The cable doesn't matter. To get a 1 to 2 second delay from the cable you would need about 186,000 miles of it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    hmm, why is there a big delay then? ... dont have this issue with AAC to AC3 with ffdshow and GOM/KMPlayer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. One of the filters may be buffering.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    I hope someone knows of the fix
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would look at the internal settings of AC3Filter. Also make sure your amp isn't set to delay.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I would look at the internal settings of AC3Filter. Also make sure your amp isn't set to delay.
    There are no delays on the amp, otherwise i would have delay when using FFDshow aac to ac3 encoding on the fly in movies. I don't know what settings to look for in AC3Filter.
    Quote Quote  
  12. That pretty much leave AC3Filter as the cause of the delay. Right click on it in GraphEdt and and select Properties. Look through the options for a delay setting.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Dynamitez
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That pretty much leave AC3Filter as the cause of the delay. Right click on it in GraphEdt and and select Properties. Look through the options for a delay setting.
    That's the thing there is no delays in AC3Filter neither, all set at 0. :/
    Quote Quote