VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I do not know what caused this, but suddenly, when I open my Media Player Classic (1.3.1249.0), it takes minutes for the File menu to respond to a click. If I click the File menu, it just pauses for minutes, then opens and everything is fine. Same if I hit a shortcut key (e.g. CNTRL Q). Nothing else on the computer is having a problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same problem. Help Greatly appreciated.
    Bruce R Deutsch
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That appears to be MPC-HC. You might try a newer version. I would also check to see if your antivirus program is scanning all the videos first as that can slow access down.
    Quote Quote  
  3. redwudz,

Thanks for the reply. Tried newer version -- uninstalled old first -- did not solve problem.

No anti-virus running that could effect.

Still anxious for solution. MPC is my favorite media player by far.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had this problem also. What solved it for me was checking "Hide CD-ROMs Menu" box in options. Haven't had any problems since.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hockey Man,

You ARE the MAN!!!

That did it. Thank you very much, and may the gods of digits be kind to you!
    Bruce R Deutsch
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hockey Man View Post
    I had this problem also. What solved it for me was checking "Hide CD-ROMs Menu" box in options. Haven't had any problems since.
    Many thanx for the info

Copied, pasted and saved already
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by Hockey Man View Post
    I had this problem also. What solved it for me was checking "Hide CD-ROMs Menu" box in options. Haven't had any problems since.
    Many thanx for the info

Copied, pasted and saved already
    Thanks from me as well.
    Quote Quote