VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a MKV file with an h264 video track and a TrueHD audio track. However, my WD TV Live won't play this file. I need to convert the audio to AC3 or DTS, I think the eac3to.exe application will do it, but after a fair number of failed attempts, I cannot figure out how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never used eac3to but it seems to me that it should work. Could you give more info on how did you try and what happened when you did? Would be easier to help you.
    Still, if you're unconfortable with command lines I searched in the apps section and found LAVFSplitter. You could try this one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. PopCorn looked promising. Alas, it responds with a message that it cannot convert TrueHD audio tracks.

rzippert: I tried demuxing the file with the -demux flag.

I ended up with 2 files: a .h264 file and a .thd file. During this process, I got a message saying that the audio track is not clean.

I converted the .thd file to ac3.

Now, i tried various things to mux the ac3 and the .h264 files, but nothing worked.

As a side note, I am not able to watch the .h264 file with VLC - I just get a blank screen. Is this expected?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote