VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all
    I am trying to create AVCHD side by side compatible with 3D Panasonic camcorder and Panasonic Viera HDTV 3D and I have some Side by side Mp4 files and I tried to convert them with MultiAVCHD software but the Panasonic Viera HDTV 3D did not recognise them like 3D but like 2D Side by Side.
    On the other hand I have some AVCHD side by side shooted with the Panasonic HDC-SDT750K camcorder and I tried them with my Panasonic HDTV 3D and they works fine and I could see them as Side by Side 3D assets.
    Finally I compared both AVCHD files and they have the same structure but one works and the other not, for it, Could anybody help me with this topic?
    Thanks in advance.
    castana
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First, are you sure that Panasonic ALLOWS non-Panasonic-generated files to be played in 3D? What does the manual say?

Second, it's probably due to some user/auxilliary data fields appended to, or embedded within, the transport stream. Can you post a 10 sec clip of each kind (one of your Panny-created clips and one of your "converted" clips)?

Third, I don't know whether your converted clip works correctly. Even though it "shows up as side-by-side 2D" on your Viera TV, won't it still allow you to manually switch to 3D? It should, just as if you were watching a OTA/Sat/Cable SbS 3D show. If not, my guess is that something wasn't coded correctly in the conversion...

Let us know,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Scott.
    First- I am not sure that Panasonic HDTV 3D allows non-Panasonic 3D files but I made it like the original file Video AVCHD (.MTS) and with the AVCHD same structure folders. The manual does not say anything about it.
    Second- I added in zip file one 3D assets that works fine with Panasonic HDTV 3D(I downloaded it from Panasonic Website). About the clip that I created, I will make one little and then I will added it(one question) , Do you want to add only the MTS file or all AVCHD(include all the folders?
    3- I have set my Panasonic HDTV 3D like Side by Side and then the Panasonic file works fine and the mine do not, for it, I guess that the problem is in th AVCHD file.
    Thanks for your help
    Castana
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, I got the 1st clip. I don't see anything special in the example.

Transport Stream Packet Editor shows this:
    Code:
    PID: 0x0000 Program Association Table (PAT)
    Continuity Counter: 0
    M2TS Copy Permission Indicator: 0 Copy Free
    M2TS Arrival Time Stamp: 26973000
    Payload Unit Start Indicator: True
    Transport Scrambling Control: 0: (no scrambling of TS packet payload)
    Adaptation Field Control: 1
    Table ID: 0
    Section Syntax Indicator: True
    Section Length : 17
    Transport Stream ID : 0
    Version Number : 0
    Current Next Indicator : True
    Section Number : 0
    Last Section Number : 0
    Program Number: 0x0000
      Network PID : 0x001F
    Program Number: 0x0001
      Program Map (PMT) PID 1: 0x0100
    CRC 32 : 0x235AAB82

And,

0x1FFF Null Packet (unchecked)
    PAT PID: 0x0000 Ver:0 TS ID: 0x0000
    0x001F: Selection Information Table (SIT) (unchecked) 0x0100: PMT Ver:0 Program:1
    0x1001: PCR PID 0x1011: H.264/AVC Video 1920x1088 (1920x1080) @ 29.970 fps 0x1100: AC-3 Audio 0x1200: Presentation Graphics Stream
    For the remaining clip, please add the WHOLE AVCHD structure. It could be there is some important info in one of those metadata files.

Question: This clip you just uploaded that "works" - are you playing it THROUGH from the Panasonic Camera, or are you playing from your BD3D player (out to the TV via HDMI)?

And, for the clip that DOESN'T work, how are you playing that?

Awaiting that remaining clip,
    Scott

edit: BDEdit can also be helpful for analyzing these structures...
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 22nd Jul 2011 at 23:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Scott.
    First, thanks for your help.
    I send you the AVCHD made for me in rar file.
    Answering to your question. I am playing both AVCHD through USB port of my Panasonic Viera HDTV 3D with its Viera Image Viewer feature.
    The AVCHD assets downloaded from Panasonic website (Hippopotamus) works fine and the other one does not.
    Finally, I would like to say you how I did it for that you can understand better.
    My original assets is MP4 file and I tried to convert it to AVCHD with Adobe Premiere and Eduis but this software do not make the AVCHD whole structure( Premiere do it like Mpeg file and Eduis as AVCHD but do not make the AVCHDTN and IISVPL folders(with its files included), so the only software that I found to do it was MULTIAVCHD but it does all the AVCHD structure but in the middle of the process I got the following error :
    AVSinfo.exe stop
    12:27:34] Authoring menu (NTSC).
    [12:27:34] Creating title thumbnails for 1 titles (XMB)...
    [12:29:18] Failed to extract title thumbnail for title #1.
    [12:29:19] Using 1 thumbnail/chapter links for title #1...
    and the
    Maybe it can be the problem or maybe MULTIAVCHD do not support side by side files. Honestly I do not know what is the problem?
    Maybe you know another AVCHD software that do one AVCHD with all its structure folders(include AVCHDTN and IISVPL)
    Thanks again
    Castana(my name is Alejandro)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    castana,

2 things I noticed were different between the sample clip and your converted clip:

1. Sample clip is 1080i @ 29.970fps vs. converted clip is 1080p @ 23.976 fps
    2. Sample AVCDHD structure has additional machine opcodes vs converted clip has simple "PLAY" opcodes

It could be that, since Panasonic KNOWS what their camera outputs, and none of their pro-sumer cameras output 1080p @ 23.976, the TV then "KNOWS" that the signal is NOT from a Panasonic camera, and thus won't automatically switch into 3D.

also

It could be that those additional AVCHD/BDMV machine opcodes are telling the "virtual BD player" to "PLAY IN 3D", and so the lack of those additional codes means the TV doesn't automatically know the difference (and so, stays in 2D). I'm not sure of this, but I don't have any good current reference regarding BD VM opcodes (hopefully in a month or 2 I'll have that reference info).

That's all for now; if I have any more later, I'll let you know.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Scott
    Thanks fopr the info.
    On the other hand I did one clip 1080i 29.97 fps and I tried it on my Panasonic Viera 3D HDTV and unfortunate it did not work like 3D assets. so I guess that maybe you are right with this
    It could be that those additional AVCHD/BDMV machine opcodes are telling the "virtual BD player" to "PLAY IN 3D", and so the lack of those additional codes means the TV doesn't automatically know the difference (and so, stays in 2D).
    If you have some other information to try, please let me know.
    Thanks for your help
    Best Regards
    Alejandro
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Scott
    Sorry to bother you again but Do you know any other AVCHD converter similar to MULTIAVCHD ?
    I would need to get some to let me create AVCHD structure include AVCHDTN and IISVPL folders
    Thanks again
    Best Regards
    Alejandro
    Quote Quote