VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    There are FOUND files within my computer I simply cannot find. I have searched many times in many different ways and come up blank. I would really appreciate help from any member who can tell me where to look for these files. An example of what I'm looking for: C:\FOUND.000\FILE0003.CHK.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You may read this article .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They are probably hidden files. You don't say how you "know that they are there..."

Try using a command prompt and use "DIR /A" to peruse your directories.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  4. Those are lost clusters recovered by CHKDSK. If you have many then your hard drive is failing. If they are disappearing then it is failing fast. Some utility programs will delete these.

There are no "Found" files. There is a "Found" directory into which the File000x.chk Files are placed.

You have to turn on View Hidden Files, and/or use whatever you used to view them in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Perfect Disk and during a defrag. I noticed many FOUND files slowing the defrag. process, that's how I know they are there. I have exposed hidden files, run dskchk and scandisk, run searches in every possible way and still unable to find where these files are, it's really p______ me off.

Many thanks to all members who responded to my cry for help.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Finally deleted them the easy way .... right click on drive "C" click disk cleanup and check the box relating to CHK files click OK .... files deleted.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Large numbers of these are very, very bad. Get ready to replace the drive.

The directories should have been right in the root of C:.
    Quote Quote