VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, so my multimedia player only reads characters like "ç" and "ã" if the subtitles are in idx/sub.

I use SubtitleCreator to convert srt to idx/sub the problem is that all my movies are either 720p or 1080p so I need to increase the subtitle font to a minimum of size 36 the problem is that SubtitleCreator automatically size down lines that have too many words and may not fit in a DVD480p movie by default

Is there a way to disable this settings and force it to accept the font size I select?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the .srt file is ANSI use AviAddXSubs instead. You can easily set the font and size. You can also control placement and justification(I set mine as Center because it's easier.. just divide the horizontal res by 2.) If your .srt file is Unicode or UTF-8 load it in Notepad and Save As ANSI. Then AviAddXSubs will process it.

Make sure on Configuration 1 Tab to put a dot in Idx/Sub instead of XSub.
    AviAddXSubs has a nice preview that makes it easy to try out different fonts.

The other thing, in the File Open dialog use the drop down to select .srt file type. You want to load the .srt file(s) instead of the .avi files in this case.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    If the .srt file is ANSI use AviAddXSubs instead. You can easily set the font and size. You can also control placement and justification(I set mine as Center because it's easier.. just divide the horizontal res by 2.) If your .srt file is Unicode or UTF-8 load it in Notepad and Save As ANSI. Then AviAddXSubs will process it.

Make sure on Configuration 1 Tab to put a dot in Idx/Sub instead of XSub.
    AviAddXSubs has a nice preview that makes it easy to try out different fonts.

The other thing, in the File Open dialog use the drop down to select .srt file type. You want to load the .srt file(s) instead of the .avi files in this case.
    I will try it then.

Thanks for the reply
    Quote Quote