VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

I understand there are problems with using Streamtransport now as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have read this on a lot of places that the developers who built it have also kind of abondoned it, so there is no real point in using it as no one know when will it work and when not. Which is what even I experienced. Having said that it was a wonderful tool which would download even HD videos from URL's without any data or quality loss keeping the HD quality intact. Any other software which does the same job of downloading HD videos from URL's without any quality loss in the HD quality.

Please suggest me a substitute to Streamtransport.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replay Media Catcher or GetFLV. But they are not free though. Or else I think you have to manually use rtmpdump.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Replay Media Catcher or GetFLV. But they are not free though. Or else I think you have to manually use rtmpdump.
    Does the quality remain the same with GetFLV, does it keep the HD Video as it is ? Without any quality loss ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I used GetFLV there is definitely quite a bit of Quality Loss in the downloaded clip. Doesnt quite have the same quality as Streamtransport would give. Any other suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've had some success with StreamHijacker on streams that StreamTransport couldn't handle, but as always with free programs you'll just have to try it and see if it works with what you want to capture or not.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have Real Player SP plus which allows you to open a URL in it and so you can play a video directly from the URL in Real Player and at that time it gives an option to download it to your desktop which finally gets downloaded in a folder in your C: But I am not able to figure out the same downloaded HD video when played in Realplayer stutters, there is a lag and there is a apparent loss in quality while playing it, it doesn't look HD. But at the same time if you open the downloaded HD video in VLC player plays it perfectly without any problems and loss in quality what is this strange phenomenon. Can anyone throw some light on this? The downloaded video is in the .MP4 format.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I've had some success with StreamHijacker on streams that StreamTransport couldn't handle, but as always with free programs you'll just have to try it and see if it works with what you want to capture or not.
    This Streamhijacker does it download a HD video without any quality loss ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I don't know. I've only used it to get audio files that StreamTransport wouldn't touch. Is there a reason why you can't just test it yourself and see if it works at all and then see if you like the quality or not? If you'd already done that instead of wasting your time asking about it you'd already know if it does what you want or not.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I don't know. I've only used it to get audio files that StreamTransport wouldn't touch. Is there a reason why you can't just test it yourself and see if it works at all and then see if you like the quality or not? If you'd already done that instead of wasting your time asking about it you'd already know if it does what you want or not.
    I know I can test it myself. But there are suggestions coming up every minute every day so if I download all the Apps test it and see it will take me ages to reach to a conclusion, so it is better if someone already has an experience.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I know I can test it myself. But there are suggestions coming up every minute every day so if I download all the Apps test it and see it will take me ages to reach to a conclusion, so it is better if someone already has an experience.
    I can certainly understand how it makes more sense to just blindly trust people you've never met and just assume that they see things exactly like you do rather than try something for yourself and see how it works. Not.

You got exactly FOUR suggestions (count them) so yes, it would certainly take about 5 million years of your time to download them all and try them. Yep, that's certainly impossible. Given your attitude I wish you the best, but I'm done here.
    Quote Quote